[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  World Files

World Files

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Szereck   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 18 Dec 2006 06:35 PM (UTC)
3.83 refuses to save certain settings. Namely clearing the command echo and turning off the keypad settings. And the Pueblo detection setting. Doesn't matter how many times I hit save it never gets saved.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 18 Dec 2006 07:19 PM (UTC)
I suspect this is related to item 14 in the release notes for that version:

14. Changed the way world XML files are loaded slightly ...

I am investigating why this is happening.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Mon 18 Dec 2006 07:24 PM (UTC)
Hmmm, I see the problem, see this bug report:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=7484

In the previous version, if something like tab_completion_lines was not in the world file, it was assuming zero, which was out of range. The change made it take the default.

However the default for "detect pueblo" is on, so it is taking the default for that too. I will have to change it to only take the default if the total absence of a setting is out of range.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Mon 18 Dec 2006 07:37 PM (UTC)
Version 3.84 should fix this problem. The change relating to taking defaults will now only apply to numeric options (like number of lines in the output buffer), rather than boolean options or colours. That should fix it.

Your changes have been saved, they are just not loading properly. More accurately perhaps, what it does is not save things which are zero or false, so the problem is that when you save "detect_pueblo" it notices that it is false, and doesn't write it to the world file (it always did this).

So, the problem is that when loading it, it assumed that "detect_pueblo" was true (the default) as it was not in the world file.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Mon 18 Dec 2006 07:49 PM (UTC)

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=7537

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Szereck   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Mon 18 Dec 2006 10:58 PM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

13,775 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]