[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  hp trigger

hp trigger

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Hattrick   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 04 Oct 2003 08:15 AM (UTC)
how would i be able to create a trigger which makes me "rub oil" (salve) whenever my hp drops below 100.

the syntax is
hp: 220|sp: 167|mp: 290 >
and this is displayed in EVERY round of combat and every time i change rooms. the oil takes about 4 seconds to take affect while each combat round is about 2s. so if my hp, drops below 100, a standard trigger will send rub oil twice (since a round goes by after rub oil is sent and this inturn triggers rub oil again since my hp is still below 100).

how can i write a script to rub oil and also to have about a 3 second delay if the trigger after fired once so i dont waste oil?

thanks in advance
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sat 04 Oct 2003 09:44 AM (UTC)
Make the trigger a regular expression, and put this in the "match" box:
hp: \d\d|sp: .*|mp: .* >

then, make it send to scripting, and write that in the send box:

DoAfter 4, "rub oil"

It should work.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Magnum   Canada  (580 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sat 04 Oct 2003 02:09 PM (UTC)
No, that won't work. You'll just stack multiple doafter's with each health bar that is received.

I would do something along the lines of:

If SalveTimer exists, do nothing,
else create 4 second SalveTimer and apply the salve.

Another option would be to set a boolean variable:

If NOT ApplyingSalve then
ApplyingSalve = True,
Send the line to apply salve

...but this requires a second trigger on the line where you actually apply the salve, to set ApplyingSalve = False.

Get my plugins here: http://www.magnumsworld.com/muds/

Constantly proving I don't know what I am doing...
Magnum.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sat 04 Oct 2003 07:42 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 04 Oct 2003 07:52 PM (UTC) by Flannel

How about you have the trigger disable itself, with a Doafter to reenable it?

(ie, triggers have a built in boolean, its the enabled flag)

Err, Apparently Doafter doesnt get parsed (the next thread told me!) So, just use Createtimer.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sun 05 Oct 2003 12:55 AM (UTC)
Ah, right, missed that, sorry. You should be able to disable it and create a timer to reenable it after a few seconds from within the trigger...

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Ked   Russia  (524 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Wed 08 Oct 2003 12:45 PM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 08 Oct 2003 12:48 PM (UTC) by Ked

I prefer using what I call "scripted timers" for that sort of thing. This means measuring the time between trigger calls of the script routine to figure out if a certain time period has elapsed. I find that to be more convenient than adding/deleting mushclient timers all the time, especially if you want to queue several jobs like that. The template for a "scripted timer" involves:

1. A trigger subroutine
2. A "balance" variable - this is a flag which defines whether you can or not perform a certain queued task.
3. A "time stamp" variable - this stores the exact time when the balance variable was set to false (the task was performed) last.
4. A "time setting" subroutine - sets the value of the time stamp variable (3); is called everytime the balance variable (2) is set to false - the corresponding task is performed
5. A "time check" function - subtracts the time stamp from the time of the current call, then compares the result to the specified time period for a specific balance variable. Returns vbTrue if the time period has elapsed, vbFalse - if it's still too early to perform the task again.

The entire setup makes sure you perform a specific task no more often than over a specific interval of time, which is what is achieved with MC timers. However, I find this approach to be a lot cleaner than fiddling around with multiple MC timers, and com calls associated with them. It is also very simple to expand to add new tasks - you just have to add new balance/time-stamp variable pairs for each task and include them in your subs and function.

Here's an example script in vbs:

'This is the balance/time-stamp pair for the "oil" task
dim oilBalance, oilTimestamp
oilBalance = vbTrue

'This is the sub called by your prompt trigger
'
sub CheckPrompt(name, output, wildcs)
 'code to extract and store the values from the prompt goes
 'somewhere around here

'and here's the timer-related code
 if oilBalance then
  world.send "rub oil"
  SetTimeStamp "oil"
  oilBalance = vbFalse
 else
  if TimingExpired("oil") then
   world.send "rub oil"
   SetTimeStamp "oil"
   oilBalance = vbFalse
  end if 
 end if 
end sub

'This sets the time stamp
'
sub SetTimeStamp(task)
 select case task
  case "oil"
   oilTimeStamp = Timer
 end select
end sub

'This checks if the timing for a certain task has expired
'
function TimingExpired(task)
dim timeNow, timeDiff
timeNow = Timer
  select case task
   case "oil"
    timeDiff = timeNow - oilTimestamp
    if (timeDiff < 0) then
     timeDiff = timeNow + (86400 - oilTimestamp)
    end if
    if (timeDiff < 4.0) then  'here 4.0 denotes the delay between oil rubs
     TimingExpired = vbFalse
    else
     oilBalance = vbTrue
     TimingExpired = vbTrue
    end if
  end select
end function

For fool-proofness' sake you can add a 1 sec timer to the prompt trigger to check for the expiration of the balance time - that offers enough protection against lag, from my experience.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Wed 08 Oct 2003 01:05 PM (UTC)
I prefer to just send a command to the mud that doesn't give you lag and that won't be seen by other players, such as "Dgdsgdf", which produces "Huh?". That way i can match on Huh and i don't need timers, and i also know exactly when the previous action finished.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #7 on Wed 08 Oct 2003 10:50 PM (UTC)
So, if the MUD logs mis-typed commands (as some do) then the admins will say to themselves, "there goes Poremenos, trying that "Dgdsgdf" command again - he never seems to get it right.".

:)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Thu 09 Oct 2003 12:00 PM (UTC)
lol, didn't know they logged that... Anyway, the mud i'm in allows triggers, so it's a nice way to do it :)

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

20,089 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]