[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Wearoff/Dispel color

Wearoff/Dispel color

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1 2  

Posted by Gaowin   (25 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 04 Nov 2015 03:28 PM (UTC)
When an affect wears off or is dispelled, it's always dark blue. I've looked through the world config and global settings, and nothing seems to change it.

And I missing a setting, and is there a way to change that?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 04 Nov 2015 03:43 PM (UTC)
When an affect wears off or is dispelled, it's always dark blue.

Is that good or bad? Is that different from other things?

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 05 Nov 2015 12:39 PM (UTC)
It's a bad thing because dark blue on black is hard to see, not to mention the color should be coinfigurable.

And while I'm here, why can't I post more then once a day? I tried to post a replay when I first saw it, but it said I had to wait a large number of minutes before replying.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Thu 05 Nov 2015 04:27 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 05 Nov 2015 05:37 PM (UTC) by Fiendish

It's a bad thing because dark blue on black is hard to see, not to mention the color should be coinfigurable.

I agree the color should be configurable! But it's not clear to me that this is somehow a problem with MUSHclient as opposed to some unknown plugin you have installed or just the normal state of text from your MUD. Maybe you want all dark blue things to not be dark blue anymore? That you can do by changing the display colors in the world settings for ansi 4 and 12.

Quote:
And while I'm here, why can't I post more then once a day? I tried to post a replay when I first saw it, but it said I had to wait a large number of minutes before replying.

Nick is experimenting with anti spam measures. Sounds like something went wrong. Hopefully he sees this and it gets fixed for you.

[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Thu 05 Nov 2015 05:16 PM (UTC)
It's also entirely possible the setting is server side rather than client side as to why you can't find the client setting.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Thu 05 Nov 2015 07:42 PM (UTC)
Ok, but aren't all colors sent by the server interpreted by the client and then are configuarble? Or does Mushclient have some coded in colors that are just passed through and can't be configured?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Thu 05 Nov 2015 08:26 PM (UTC)
Well all of the basic ANSI 16 colors can be configured. Press Alt+6. Or go to the menu Game -> Configure -> ANSI Colours...

[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #7 on Thu 05 Nov 2015 09:37 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 05 Nov 2015 09:38 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

What was the message exactly? You should only have to wait a fairly short time, based on your profile. Certainly a lot less than a day.

Quote:

I had to wait a large number of minutes ...

Five minutes?

It's possible my anti-spam measures are faulty, but you should never have to wait more than 30 minutes, and even that scales down once you have made more posts.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Fri 06 Nov 2015 02:25 AM (UTC)
The last one was 193 minutes, but it was longer before that. I asked Iyara to pass it along, but I'm not sure if it made it to you Nick.

And the chances are that I'll have to wait just as long before I can reply to anything you post.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Fri 06 Nov 2015 04:43 AM (UTC)

Ok, but aren't all colors sent by the server interpreted by the client and then are configuarble? Or does Mushclient have some coded in colors that are just passed through and can't be configured?

Yes, and no, on both counts. Colors from the server are simply passed by the client without modification to plugins, scripts, triggers and any custom color settings you've configured. I can tell you for fact that if you haven't configured any custom ansi settings and don't have any plugins, triggers or scripts that are changing the text color on your messages, the color is being set dark blue by the server and MC is simply relaying the information from the server unchanged because there aren't any default color changes based on what text is received from the server. You can't find the default client setting you appear to be seeking because there simply isn't one of that nature. If the normal text color from the server isn't dark blue for affects being dispelled or wearing off, you have a plugin, script or trigger changing the text color that you're going to need to identify and change to do anything about the text color, or you can change the ansi color settings as described by Fiendish but that may have other unintended consequences.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Fri 06 Nov 2015 04:10 PM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 06 Nov 2015 04:16 PM (UTC) by Fiendish

Colors from the server are simply passed by the client without modification

Except that the server doesn't actually have the ability to send colors. It can only pass along color identifiers.

No MUD says "{R0,G0,B255}This text is blue".
It says something more like "{blue}This text is color 'blue'."

Note here I made up my own formatting, but this is the basics of ANSI coloring. MUSHclient then says "{blue}" means a particular shade of blue by convention.

ANSI 256 has much more strict of a guideline for color interpretation, because it actually follows a 6x6x6 color cube. So you probably shouldn't change only color 46, because colors 40 and 47 are supposed to correspond with adjacency and then they wouldn't.

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Fri 06 Nov 2015 04:56 PM (UTC)
Fiendish, while you and Nick and I are well aware of that distinction, I was trying not to confuse Gaowin who hasn't demonstrated that level of knowledge.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #12 on Fri 06 Nov 2015 09:08 PM (UTC)
Don't worry Meerclar, I was a builder on the mud I was at before I switched to MM for over 15 years, so I have a pretty good grasp of things.

I have tried to change the ansii colors in the world configuration, and none have dark blue, but I didn't think of taking a look at the plugins I have.

I'll check my plugins and see if any of them are what's doing it.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #13 on Fri 06 Nov 2015 10:24 PM (UTC)
I just checked out the other thread you listed all your plugins on, LOTS of places you could be seeing color manipulation that wouldn't be reflected in the client settings if you're still using the full MM package you had at that point.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,982 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #14 on Fri 06 Nov 2015 11:01 PM (UTC)

The last one was 193 minutes, but it was longer before that. I asked Iyara to pass it along, but I'm not sure if it made it to you Nick.

And the chances are that I'll have to wait just as long before I can reply to anything you post.

Can you please copy and paste the exact message you see from the forum? Thank you.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

49,046 views.

This is page 1, subject is 2 pages long: 1 2  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]