[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Trigger help...

Trigger help...

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Noodlez   USA  (11 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 13 Aug 2008 03:21 PM (UTC)
Wasn't sure where to post it, so it's going here... I'll be happy to repost it in the correct spot if someone would tell me where that is.

Ok, so my dilemma is this... I'm trying to make it show up a different color when I cleave someone on this MUD I play call legends of Krynn.

The problem is, when I cleave, the text that shows up, shows up AFTER my prompt.

So it's like this.

Before:
HP: 2493/2857 MANA: 642/642 MOVES: 799/799 TNL: 182740

After:
HP: 2493/2857 MANA: 642/642 MOVES: 799/799 TNL: 182740 You raise your axe high above your head and swing it towards * with a massive cleave!

In the after, the asterisk symbolizes a wildcard that would symbolize any enemy, as I know that much. But many commands show up after your prompt and because of this my friends and I have not been able to figure out how to make triggers to comply to them... Any help will be appreciated, so long as it's helpful.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 13 Aug 2008 09:20 PM (UTC)
There are a number of ways of handling that. First, read the http://mushclient.com/faq point 11.

The easiest would be to customize the prompt to always show a newline. Some MUDs let you rearrange your prompt, including putting a newline on the end.

If that is not possible then, as mentioned in the FAQ, a simple plugin could detect prompt lines and put the newline there for you.

Finally, you could amend the trigger to allow for it. eg.

HP: */* MANA: */* MOVES: */* TNL: * You raise your axe high above your head and swing it towards * with a massive cleave!

I prefer the last option the least, because then you have to amend every trigger like that.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Noodlez   USA  (11 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Thu 14 Aug 2008 11:08 AM (UTC)
Oh man... I never thought to put a newline at the end of my prompt... Thanks a million.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,589 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]