[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Changes in which dictionaries are used not saved in v3.75?

Changes in which dictionaries are used not saved in v3.75?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by j0nas   (56 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 12 Jul 2006 06:47 PM (UTC)
It seems that changes as to which dictionaries MUSHclient uses won't save. Here's how it goes:

1. I start MUSHclient.
2. I enter Global Preferences->General->Dictionaries, MUSHclient complains that it cannot find dictionary file X and Y in old(moved) MUSHclient-directory.
3. I remove all old dictionaries listed, add the new ones that come with MUSHclient 3.75 + the British one available here + my old userdict copied from 3.73.
4. I exit the menus and close MUSHclient.
5. Jump back to step 1 and repeat.

I've upgraded from 3.73 to 3.75, moved my old userdict from my old MUSHclient-dir to the new 'spell'-dir, added the British dict from the download-page here to the new 'spell'-dir, and renamed the old MUSHclient-dir.

Can anyone else with 3.75 confirm this bug?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 12 Jul 2006 09:33 PM (UTC)
I don't believe this aspect has changed in recent releases. The user dictionary location is stored in the Windows Registry as an absolute path, perhaps if you rename the directory it can't find it. The registry key is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gammon Software Solutions\MUSHclient\SSCE\UserLexFiles

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by j0nas   (56 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Wed 12 Jul 2006 10:05 PM (UTC)
MainLexPath at that place in the registry was still pointing at the old, now-moved MUSHclient directory, it didn't seem to have updated at all despite the client-complaints and my many attempts to fix this with MUSHclient. Updating it manually in the registry restored things to the way it should be, and I seem to be good as new again.

MainLexPath not updating seems like a bit of a problem, just moving the MUSHclient-directory a little bit seems to pretty much permanently break the spellcheck.

[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Wed 12 Jul 2006 10:39 PM (UTC)
Yes I see what you mean. I have updated version 3.76 to specifically check if the files/paths exist, and if not take the defaults, with a warning message.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,618 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]