[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Slightly Inaccurate Logging

Slightly Inaccurate Logging

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Rivius   (99 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 04 Dec 2010 08:33 PM (UTC)
While it isn't urgent in the least, I've noticed some inaccuracies in the logger and I'm not sure how much of this is due to bad settings, and how much is due to a bug. As it is, I use all the default settings.

Right now, if I copy and paste directly from the output in HTML, the font size remains the same in my pasted log, and the custom notes remain in their right places. However, when I use the built-in logging feature, the font is notably larger and the notes end up showing up BEFORE the triggers that fire them.

I was wondering if the logger can be made to match up more to HTML that is copied directly from the output.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 04 Dec 2010 09:00 PM (UTC)
The font size should be set once in the HTML preamble. If you get that right then everything should follow on from that.

As for the notes, it processes each trigger by sending the line to the main world and each plugin. All of them have the chance to set the "omit from logging" flag, so the logging has to be done afterwards. However if the trigger does its own logging then that will appear before the trigger is logged.

What you can do to work around that is send to "script after omit" which defers the scripts until after the lines are omitted - whether or not they are actually omitted - (and also after they are logged). That should get things into the right order.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

8,639 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]