[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  ROM
. -> [Folder]  Compiling the server
. . -> [Subject]  Compile any Rom code with Cygwin

Compile any Rom code with Cygwin

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Michael Piwoni   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 15 Aug 2008 04:34 AM (UTC)
Hi.. I'm messing around trying to pick back up some of the skills I swear I used to have with MUD code. I've tried NUMEROUS packages today and none have worked but for arguments sake, the last one I've tried was your QuickMUD download.

I've tried a number of different Makefile's and part of the problem is that it isn't apparent to me which I should be using. When I do use the "make" command using Cygwin in the ../src directory, i get A LOT of errors, most of which go something like:

tables.h:29: error: array type has incomplete element type

I've checked and MOST of the .c files successfully compile into object files but a few don't:
act_comm.c
act_info.c
bit.c
bitsys.c
comm.c
db.c
db2.c
handler.c
hedit.c
lookup.c
olc.c
olc_act.c
olc_mpcode.c
olc_save.c
save.c
scan.c

Ok so quite a few don't compile.. any idea what's going on here? I've made sure to download all of the necessary make command files for cygwin.. at least I'm pretty sure I have.

HELP!
map

[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Fri 15 Aug 2008 04:44 AM (UTC)
I've tried NUMEROUS packages today and none have worked but for arguments sake

SmaugFUSS should work just fine (and I recommend it).

Quote:
any idea what's going on here?

As it states, it's getting an error on line 29 of tables.h

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Fri 15 Aug 2008 04:25 PM (UTC)

I'll give Smaug a try but the error I noted is just one of hundreds like it so I'm more wondering what the root cause is of that specific error. What is it trying to reference that is missing? I've checked a few of the lines of code it mentions but I just don't see anything wrong.. this is why I am thinking I'm somehow using the wrong Makefile (even though I've tried them all).
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Fri 15 Aug 2008 04:47 PM (UTC)
Smaug definitely got further.. however.. there are errors stemming from the fact that it can't find a /sys folder containing a socket.h file which doesn't seem to have been included with the release..
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Fri 15 Aug 2008 05:02 PM (UTC)
If you're not finding socket.h, it means that your Cygwin install probably isn't correct. Did you get normal SMAUG or SmaugFUSS?

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Sat 16 Aug 2008 02:26 AM (UTC)

Well I was trying SmaugFUSS but now I've been trying the same thing on linux Ubuntu (easier, right??) but I'm just getting a bunch of errors again:

gcc -c -O -g3 -Wall -Wuninitialized -DREQUESTS -DSMAUG -DREGEX -DUSE_IMC act_comm.c
act_comm.c: In function ‘is_profane’:
act_comm.c:4306: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘re_exec’
gcc -c -O -g3 -Wall -Wuninitialized -DREQUESTS -DSMAUG -DREGEX -DUSE_IMC act_info.c
gcc -c -O -g3 -Wall -Wuninitialized -DREQUESTS -DSMAUG -DREGEX -DUSE_IMC act_move.c
act_move.c:393:15: warning: trigraph ??> ignored, use -trigraphs to enable
act_move.c: In function ‘generate_exit’:
act_move.c:604: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
make[1]: *** [act_move.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/map/Smaug/dist/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

And that's as far as it goes..

[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,985 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #6 on Sat 16 Aug 2008 06:44 AM (UTC)
Are you using the latest SmaugFUSS? Try searching this forum for re_exec - I think that has come up quite a few times.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Sat 16 Aug 2008 02:56 PM (UTC)

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

23,246 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]