[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Connect to -no- world?

Connect to -no- world?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by MattMc   USA  (54 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 15 May 2006 08:18 AM (UTC)

I've decided that instead of using a notepad as a window capture frame, I'd like to use a .mcl so I can log in color, and using an easy syntax (capture.ansinote xxx). This all works well until I accidentally ctr-tab into the window and hit enter.

To make the MCL world, I put a period in for the address to connect to. I tried local hosts, or other random symbols, and "." resolved the fastest to nothing. Is there a way to tell mushclient that I just don't want that world connecting to -anything-? If I hit enter, I don't want it to try to connect. Ideally, if I type something into that command line, I'd like to be able to script and have it send to all open worlds, but first I need to make sure the window won't be popping up on me complaining that it can't resolve ".".

Thanks,
Matt
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,990 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 15 May 2006 10:36 PM (UTC)
Install this plugin. It uses OnPluginCommand to discard all command input, thus MUSHclient does not try to connect to the world:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE muclient>
<!-- Saved on Tuesday, May 16, 2006, 8:35 AM -->
<!-- MuClient version 3.73 -->

<!-- Plugin "DiscardCommands" generated by Plugin Wizard -->

<muclient>
<plugin
   name="DiscardCommands"
   author="Nick Gammon"
   id="cecb3017c301090366991c09"
   language="Lua"
   purpose="Discard all typed commands"
   date_written="2006-05-16 08:34:46"
   requires="3.73"
   version="1.0"
   >

</plugin>

<!--  Script  -->

<script>
<![CDATA[
function OnPluginCommand (s)
  return false -- do not process it
end -- function OnPluginCommand 
]]>
</script>

</muclient>

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,990 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Wed 17 May 2006 10:11 PM (UTC)
Also, I must compliment you on an inventive way of giving yourself a full-colour, multi-line notepad window.

Using a non-connected world as a notepad replacement is quite a nice idea. You can use the full colour set, do searching, log the window contents, copy as HTML, and generally have access to all the features supported in the main window.

In fact, as a variant of what you are trying to do, you could make the plugin simply send commands back to the "main" world, so that if you typed something, it actually affects the connected world.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Tue 31 Oct 2006 03:43 AM (UTC)

Is there a way to tell mushclient that I just don't want that world connecting to -anything-?

To facilitate this idea, you can now make the world IP address "0.0.0.0" and MUSHclient will not attempt to connect to it, and any messages (for the MUD) typed into the command window are ignored (unless they are aliases or scripts).

Also, you can now resize the command window down to zero height, so that the "dummy" world window is effectively a coloured output window, into which you can put whatever you want.

These features are in version 3.83.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 02 Nov 2006 05:00 AM (UTC)

You rock!

Matt
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Fri 10 Nov 2006 05:15 AM (UTC)
Is there any way that you can make it that if A) command line height is 0, and B) the window is not maximized, that when you ctr-tab through the windows, it can just skip that window? Or better yet, it sets the window to focus, but then continues to the next window?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Onoitsu2   USA  (248 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Fri 10 Nov 2006 07:46 AM (UTC)
you might be able to do the set focus through a script/plugin installed into the sent to world, that checks if it is the active world, and if so sets the next world active. Don't ask me how to do that, but I am sure it is possible.

I myself don't need that, because I have my MAIN world sized down, so that my sent to world is a little smaller than 1/4th the screen, and is placed at the top right, and my MAIN world is sized to NOT be covered by the sent to world, and this still allows me a col width of 85 chars at 1024x768 resolution.

Hope the theory of the plugin can help someone make it, or help yourself to make it as well.

Laterzzz,
Onoitsu2
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

19,955 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]