[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  Scripting: World Open

Scripting: World Open

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Magnum   Canada  (580 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 30 Jul 2002 04:48 PM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 30 Jul 2002 04:49 PM (UTC) by Magnum

As far as I can tell, if you reload a script file (using the pulldown menu, for example), the automated script calls like "World Open" are not called.

I feel they should be called, as if the world had just been opened as a fresh session.

Get my plugins here: http://www.magnumsworld.com/muds/

Constantly proving I don't know what I am doing...
Magnum.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,990 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 30 Jul 2002 09:36 PM (UTC)

The "world open" callback is for doing things when the world is opened, eg. sending a connect script.

The "script install" is called, that is what you should be using.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Magnum   Canada  (580 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Wed 31 Jul 2002 04:31 AM (UTC)

Game > Configure > Scripting > Events

Which field should I fill in with the subroutine I want to have called everytime the script is initiated, whether it be on a world open, or on a forced reload of the script?

Oh, wait now... Are you saying I can just put a subroutine with a particular name, and it will get called automatically... Let me check the sample script file...

(After Checking)... Nope, I just looked through the VBS sample file, and don't see anything there either. I don't see anything related to "Script Install" anywhere... I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I suppose I could just write calls to the routine directly in the script file (MainLine), which would get executed the way I want. For some reason, I only thought of this right this moment, even though I already used that method for the old way of loading "include" script files. Of course! Duh.

Uhm, I feel like a dummy now. I hate that. Sorry for wasting your time with a question I already knew the answer to... sort of. Maybe this will help someone not so knowledgable with scripting. :)

Get my plugins here: http://www.magnumsworld.com/muds/

Constantly proving I don't know what I am doing...
Magnum.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,990 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Wed 31 Jul 2002 08:04 AM (UTC)
You are right. As I started reading your post I was about to say "put a call in the main part of the script" but you realised that towards the end.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

7,625 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]