[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  Delete for Temporary Trigs&Vars by sequence number

Delete for Temporary Trigs&Vars by sequence number

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Roga   (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 06 Jul 2002 01:22 AM (UTC)
It would be nice if there was a way to delete temporary triggers and variables by sequence number. This would effectively allow whole temporary classes just based on sequence number.

Is there currently a way to selectively delete temporary triggers and variables like this?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Sat 06 Jul 2002 11:50 PM (UTC)
This is the same thing that Shadowfyr is requesting. Sorry thought I went through previous posts.

Also,

Thanks for a great mud/mush client!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sun 07 Jul 2002 02:40 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 07 Jul 2002 02:41 AM (UTC) by Shadowfyr

Yeah. It was something I had suggested. It also in after thought was a bad idea. Something more like zmuds 'classes' would be better, since it allows triggers, aliases, or whatever to be placed in a group and disabled/enabled or deleted all at once, without effecting things which may have the same sequence number for instance. This will be possible with plugins, but not in a way that is particularly obvious or simple to use. Especially since even the plugins themselves may need to change the status of a group of triggers and the like, without making a second plugin or deleting itself in the process.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,990 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Mon 08 Jul 2002 12:10 AM (UTC)
I'll look into that now that I can add more things in the XML file easily.

However plugins are a solution in a way. You can disable an entire plugin, thus effectively disabling a batch of triggers/aliases etc.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Mon 08 Jul 2002 12:27 AM (UTC)
True, but not a really functional way. ;)

The problem is that inter-plugin communication is shacky for one thing. Magnum is already having a problem with that.

However a bigger problems is this:

Plugin
-triggers
-aliases
-scripting
--script sub that diables the triggers in the plugin (but only some of them).

This situtation is a mjor problem because you can't simply disable the plugin, unless you made the triggers part of a seperate one and then since they exist independantly of each other you can't make changes to the triggers, etc. between them as easilly. This is as I said another case of scope limitations, similar to Magnum's problem of calling a global set of scripts from other plugins. It just won't work, but for now we will need to make do.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,990 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #5 on Thu 01 Aug 2002 01:10 AM (UTC)
I will add a grouping name to aliases/triggers/timers and let you enable/disable a group.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sat 10 Aug 2002 08:11 PM (UTC)
Thanks Nick! I think this will be a great help.

Roga
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,096 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]