[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Lua
. . -> [Subject]  Having bad bad prompt behaviour...

Having bad bad prompt behaviour...

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Ogomez92   (42 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 19 Jan 2010 07:42 PM (UTC)
I'm having really weird prompt issues..

I'm a visually impaired mudder and I use the prompt to grab all kinds of information from the mud. Some people say my promtps look weird, but since I make them omit... it doesn't matter to me and people who use my scripts. anyways.. I'm having really strange issues. When I go to a certain area at first, the prompt triggers fine. Then I fight and kill a mob, and prompt trigger does not match anymore until I go to another area.

The thing is though that it matches the first time, when I enter the area before I fight. I'd be grateful if anyone here can give me any clue... I've been trying to figure this out for a while now.

The prompt that worked looked like this:
area: The fiery, unforgiving Demonic Realmgold: 30585mana: 199max 522cond: excellenthit: 294max 567terrain: wastelandmv: 294max: 294dt: xp: 5221461

the prompt that did not work
area: The fiery, unforgiving Demonic Realmgold: 30585mana: 477max 522cond: excellenthit: 567max 567terrain: wastelandmv: 294max: 294dt: xp: 5241721

matching trig
<trigger
enabled="y"
keep_evaluating="y"
match="^area: (.*?)gold: (\w+)mana: (\w+)max (\w+)cond: (.*?)hit: (\w+)max (\w+)terrain: (.*?)mv\: (\w+)max\: (\w+)dt: (.*?)xp: (.*)$"
omit_from_log="y"
omit_from_output="y"
regexp="y"
script="dprompt"
sequence="100"
>
</trigger>
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 19 Jan 2010 09:21 PM (UTC)
The prompts look the same to me, except for the numbers.

Can you copy and paste some actual MUD output? Is it possible that there is something extra at the end during a battle? Or at the start?

Or maybe some other trigger is matching first? Or something disables your trigger?

Try turning on Game menu -> Trace. That might give a clue about other triggers firing, perhaps.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Ogomez92   (42 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Wed 20 Jan 2010 05:41 AM (UTC)

The prompts look the same to me, except for the numbers.

Can you copy and paste some actual MUD output? Is it possible that there is something extra at the end during a battle? Or at the start?

Or maybe some other trigger is matching first? Or something disables your trigger?

Try turning on Game menu -> Trace. That might give a clue about other triggers firing, perhaps.

The thing is that it only happends in this area. I'm going to do some thorough testing later.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Wed 20 Jan 2010 07:38 AM (UTC)
Try playing with the 'Convert IAC EOR/GA to newline' option. Without that you will have trouble matching prompts in some games.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Wed 20 Jan 2010 07:19 PM (UTC)
I seem to recall a similar post a while back. In your case, for example, if the word "Demonic" happened to appear in this area name, and another trigger matched "Demonic", and that other trigger was not set to "keep evaluating", and it fired first, then it would stop your prompt trigger from firing. Like I say, using the Trace feature will probably narrow it down.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

15,465 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]