[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUDs
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Got some Q's

Got some Q's

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Uru   Canada  (67 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 31 Mar 2004 07:08 PM (UTC)
Don't know if this is relavent for this topic, but:

I'm trying to create deities in SMAUG 1.4 and I've got most of the fields figured out, except for Sobject, etc. is that an object a character can hold, or an icon or what?

As for polymorph data, there's no help what so ever. Not even morphcreate has any help data.

Anybody know where I can find help on this stuff?

"What does not kill us makes us stronger."
[Go to top] top

Posted by Jinru   USA  (20 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Wed 31 Mar 2004 08:44 PM (UTC)
I whould suggest looking through google but for dietys i just use one of my immortals names like eg

clan diety pkills
blah jinru 0

-(Jinru)-
admin at
dbzuov.sytes.net port 4003
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Fri 02 Apr 2004 04:54 PM (UTC)
No, deities themselves aren't the problem, its the field meanings. Sobject, etc.
I already know what deities I'm using.

[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Fri 02 Apr 2004 11:19 PM (UTC)
Where did you find sobject? It isn't in standard SMAUG.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Mon 05 Apr 2004 01:27 PM (UTC)
I think it's when you type SETDEITY while editing in your client(MUSHclient) in my case. There are all the regular fields, name, description, race, race2, npcrace, npcfoe(you get the picture). Then, there's also a set of fields for Sobject, Savatar, and a couple more. I'm surprised no one knows about these.

I am assuming Savatar is the avatar MOB representative of a deity (I don't know for sure), but Sobject is a little puzzling. What little help there is says Sobject also has a number representing Str, Dex, Con, Wis, Int, Cha, or Lck. Does this mean the Object is something a player carries, or...?

Also, I can't find any help on Polymorph data. The file is there, but no help for it.

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Mon 05 Apr 2004 01:31 PM (UTC)
Another thing, there are fields for types of elements (magic I think). I don't know the numbers for magic types, Air, Earth, Water, Fire, etc. If I'm not making sense, ignore this.

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Mon 05 Apr 2004 01:36 PM (UTC)
As for your comment, Nick, "not in regular smaug", If you open the HELP.ARE in areaeditor(this is what I use for help), some commands have no actual help text. Like SETDEITY, if you type the command editing online, it gives you the available fields, but typing help setdeity, gives you no context help. Get my drift?

[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #7 on Mon 05 Apr 2004 10:22 PM (UTC)
Ah, I thought he meant the fields in the source. I didn't think to look in the help file, or the command file.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Wed 07 Apr 2004 04:47 PM (UTC)
Ok, so where should I ask for help on this subject? There's gotta be someone out there who knows something.

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Wed 07 Apr 2004 10:58 PM (UTC)
I still don't see sobject anywhere in SMAUG, not in help, commands file or source. If I type setdeity I see this:

Usage: setdeity <deity> <field> <toggle>

Field being one of:
filename name description type alignment worshippers npcfoe susceptnum
race race2 npcrace class element sex affected suscept elementnum affectednum

Favor adjustments:
flee flee_npcrace kill kill_npcrace kill_magic
die die_npcrace dig_corpse bury_corpse spell_aid
steal backstab aid aid_spell sac kill_npcfoe
die_npcfoe flee_npcfoe

Favor requirements for supplicate:
scorpse savatar sdeityobj srecall

Objstat - being one of:
str int wis con dex cha lck
 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

I can't tell you what "sobject" does until you tell me where you found it.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Sun 11 Apr 2004 08:00 PM (UTC)
Ok, well, I saw it, so I must have special sight. But, beyond that, what about those fields you mentioned, savatar, etc. Most I can guess at, but the others can be interpreted a couple of ways. Is savatar a non-MOB or is it a MOB, what is an objstat, an actual object or is it metaphoric for something else, see what I mean?

Ok, I see your post.

Objstat - being one of:
str int wis con dex cha lck
0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
What is that?

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Sun 11 Apr 2004 08:01 PM (UTC)
oh yeah, element and elementnum...what are they?

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #12 on Sun 11 Apr 2004 11:32 PM (UTC)
I don't know the answer to most of that. Looking at the source it seems that objstat is the stat for an object that is created when you "supplicate object" (str, dex, wis) etc.

What that means in practice I am not sure.

All I an suggest is browsing the source a bit.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

26,954 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]