[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  I need a mudschool!
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

I need a mudschool!

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Leprakon   (28 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 31 Jul 2003 12:59 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 31 Jul 2003 01:01 AM (UTC) by Leprakon

This might make me appear very lazy, but i'm gonna ask anyway.

Is there anyone out there with a very good MUDschool, that they wouldn't mind sending me the area file to? This is part laziness, but mostly, i want to make sure my MUDschool is thorough, so newbs will be able to learn how to MUD quickly. Okay, so its mostly laziness :)

All you would have to do would be to email me the area file. I'd modify it to fit my needs (with you permission, of course), and i'd credit you in 'help mudschool' as well as on my webpage (once i build it) and in the last room of the mud school.

my email is theworldisflat@comcast.net

Thanks.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Garaelb   (54 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Fri 01 Aug 2003 03:12 AM (UTC)
I'm working on one myself. IF you still havn't gotten one that you like when I get done with it I'll send it to ya. Appx size is 50 rooms,30 mobs, 50 objects, and lots of things to teach/learn.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,607 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Fri 01 Aug 2003 06:26 AM (UTC)
SMAUG comes with newacad.are (New Darkhaven Academy). Can't you adapt that?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Garaelb   (54 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sun 03 Aug 2003 03:07 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 03 Aug 2003 03:08 AM (UTC) by Garaelb

Essentially, that is what I am doing. Keeping the same vnums and just changing the text to suit my needs, adding several new mobs and items and a few more rooms where the players can get better accustomed to how the game is played before venturing into the actual realms.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zelgar   (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Sun 10 Aug 2003 07:56 AM (UTC)
hmm stop me if i am being rude or incorrect but do lazey people really need muds?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Boborak   USA  (228 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Fri 22 Aug 2003 09:35 AM (UTC)
The problem with using *others* mud-schools is the same as if using the stock academy, in that it shuns away veteran players and disorientates n00bs. They log on to your mud, see the same thing they may have seen on 40 other muds, scoff, then disconnect. It's the first thing they see and hence the first impression of your mud. Now a completely new academy, even a simple one, may be just enough to convince a new player that you mean business and are willing to put some time into one of the more important areas in your entire mud. Your most loyal players are normally mud n00bs that have never played before. If your academy sucks (like most stock ones do) then you will lose a potentially loyal player. My advice, is drop the lazyness just long enough to put some time into the academy ;-)

-Bobo
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

5,703 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]