[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  All my rooms and loading them

All my rooms and loading them

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Bipper   (17 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 18 Jun 2002 01:39 AM (UTC)
I realize that the code automatically loads all the prbuilt rooms like hell, and so on. Can i delete some of these rooms with our messing up my code? If not what do i need to do?

Also when the mud loads is it possible to automatically load player areas without specifying it. I should know this but I am just plain old rusty lol.

Thanks for any help in advacnce :)

Bipper
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Tue 18 Jun 2002 02:08 PM (UTC)
also I edited the authroom (vnum 100) which is found in newgate.area but when i actually type savearea newgate or even savearea newgat.are it says area not found. How do i go about saving my changes?

Bipper
[Go to top] top

Posted by Chris L   USA  (57 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Tue 18 Jun 2002 07:30 PM (UTC)
you can change the vnum for starting etc in mud.h
#define ROOM_VNUM_SCHOOL 10300
#define ROOM_AUTH_START 100
also when saving area like that prob should type
foldarea newgate.are
read help files on like foldarea aassign
and i wouldnt delete hell or any of limbo.are, everything there is important in some way or another its a good idea to leave vnums 1-99 alone
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,981 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Thu 20 Jun 2002 04:43 AM (UTC)
My SMAUG FAQ covers the question about deleting areas that are needed by the server.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 20 Jun 2002 12:32 PM (UTC)
Sorry I guess i should have worded the question better. My main wuestion was...

My Main problem is we want all our own rooms and such.. but i am not too positive if we can go gung ho and just delete em all, or if by chance there are multiple rooms tied into the code (i.e. hell). I think chris hit it on the head with the under 100 theory. (with the acception of the 10300. (or whatever). At least that is all I have noticed. Thanks for all the help Chris. and Gammon should include that info in the faq :) Thank you too gammon for the sweet forums :)

-Later
Bipper
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,112 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]