[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Mob Fight bits

Mob Fight bits

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Tad   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 09 Apr 2001 10:39 PM (UTC)
I seem to have my attack (OFF) bits (backstab, bash, that sort of thing) for the MOBs mismatching. I gave someone bash disarm dodge kick parry rescue and trip and the flags that the builder shows are backstab feed firebreath lightningbreath punch stun and tail.

Im pretty confused...if anyone knows whats up I'ld be obliged :)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,989 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 09 Apr 2001 11:39 PM (UTC)
The bits are defined in the Area Editor configuration file. They need to agree with what your server uses. You haven't said whether you are using SMAUG or ROM. The default flags are:

#ATTACK

Flag01 Bite
Flag02 Claws
Flag03 Tail
Flag04 Sting
Flag05 Punch
Flag06 Kick
Flag07 Trip
Flag08 Bash
Flag09 Stun
Flag10 Gouge
Flag11 Backstab
Flag12 Feed
Flag13 Drain
Flag14 Firebreath
Flag15 Frostbreath
Flag16 Acidbreath
Flag17 Lightnbreath
Flag18 Gasbreath
Flag19 Poison
Flag20 Nastypoison
Flag21 Gaze
Flag22 Blindness
Flag23 Causeserious
Flag24 Earthquake
Flag25 Causecritical
Flag26 Curse
Flag27 Flamestrike
Flag28 Harm
Flag29 Fireball
Flag30 Colorspray
Flag31 Weaken
End

If your server uses different bits, then the above list will need to be adjusted.

However a warning - the Area Editor only reads in this configuration file for registered copies. If you haven't registered then you will have to make do with the default settings.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Tad   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Tue 10 Apr 2001 08:32 PM (UTC)

Where in the code can I actually find those buts?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,989 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Tue 10 Apr 2001 10:07 PM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 10 Apr 2001 10:08 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

In the configuration file. If you are using SMAUG, the default (supplied) one is called smaugconfig.dat, if you are using ROM it is called romconfig.dat

Go to the File menu -> Preferences -> Files -> Configuration.

Click on the Browse button and find that file.

Then you can edit it with Notepad or some other text editor to change the flags appropriately.

If you ever change the file, just go back to that dialog box and click OK (you don't have to change anything) and it will re-read the configuration file.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,459 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]