[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  "lang" command not working right?

"lang" command not working right?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Malelder   (9 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 10 Aug 2004 04:15 PM (UTC)
Using Smaug 1.4a with bugfixes, running on BSD...

Not sure if this is supposed to be how it works, but...

When characters use the "lang" command, it lists common, their racial language, and clan if they are clanned...but it doesn't list any of the other languages they have learned...and then when they try to "speak" any of the languages they have practiced, they are told they don't know that language. Did a lot of googling, but didnt find anything that delves into this.

If I mset a character to "speaks" a language, then its all good, the language shows up in lang, and they can "speak" the language.

It seems as if once a character becomes fluent in a language, its never actually being set as a language a character can speak...and after staring for a few days at the code that governs this, I'm not any closer to seeing why it won't work (:

Are characters only supposed to be able to understand the languages they prac and not speak them? Or is something else happening? (:
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Tue 10 Aug 2004 05:48 PM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 10 Aug 2004 06:47 PM (UTC) by Zeno

Works for me. Msetting the lang won't work. Gotta learn it normally.

lang learn youkai
You begin lessons in youkai.

speak youkai
You now speak youkai.

lang
common
youkai

[EDIT] Oh, I read your post different that I thought. Let me check it out.

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Malelder   (9 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Tue 10 Aug 2004 06:47 PM (UTC)
Doh, nevermind :/ (: Unfortunately, the characters that noticed the problem were ones that had their skills sset to their current level...

turns out that the act of learning the language is what sets the flag to speak it...sseting does not (;

heh (:
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,626 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]