[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Question on mpopenpassage

Question on mpopenpassage

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Nick Cash   USA  (626 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 04 Jun 2003 01:42 AM (UTC)
I was working on my mud today and one of my builders asked me how he could make a button that someone would push and a door would open, and if the pulled the button it would close. Now, I have in now way ever used mpopenpassage, but it seemed like the ideal thing to use for making a temporary passage between rooms. So I folloed the syntax:

mpopenpassage <origin> <destination> <direction>

Right now I'm assuming that origin and destination mean using the vnums, however I'm not sure if that is entirely correct since it keeps giving me errors when I execute the program. So this is what I had (entire prog):
>push_prog 100
mpopenpassage 9600 9599 n
mpecho The door slides open.

However, this didn't work, so I tried differen't things, such as flipping the vnums around and chaning n to north and such, but it still gives me the error. Btw, this is the error:
Log: [*****] BUG: MpOpenPassage - Bad syntax, Object #9400

So I guess my question is what is the right syntax exactly? Do I not use vnums? What else do I use?

As always, thanks for any and all help.

~Nick Cash
http://www.nick-cash.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Gatewaysysop2   USA  (146 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Wed 04 Jun 2003 05:57 AM (UTC)
Just a suggestion here, not sure if SWR is like Smaug entirely in this regard but I recall having to use numbers for the various exit directions. Not sure what these numbers are but I believe they can be found in one of the help files, at least it was that way with Smaug.

Again, not sure if this helps you with SWR but remember having issues when I tried to do something similar. That was a while ago however, so forgive me if this info is unhelpful or just plain wrong.

Peace

"The world of men is dreaming, it has gone mad in its sleep, and a snake is strangling it, but it can't wake up." -D.H. Lawrence
[Go to top] top

Posted by Boborak   USA  (228 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Wed 04 Jun 2003 07:58 AM (UTC)
MPOPENPASSAGE in SWR uses the exit numbers as well. They should (considering stock SWR) be as so:

NORTH        0   
EAST         1   
SOUTH        2   
WEST         3   
UP           4   
DOWN         5   
NORTHEAST    6    
NORTHWEST    7    
SOUTHEAST    8   
SOUTHWEST    9
SOMEWHERE   10

So in your case, substitute 0 for n
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Cash   USA  (626 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Thu 05 Jun 2003 04:11 AM (UTC)
I remember using numbers for exits before. Thanks, it works fine now :)

~Nick Cash
http://www.nick-cash.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,552 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]