[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUDs
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Builder Available

Builder Available

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Kresslack   (70 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 28 Jan 2011 07:17 AM (UTC)
Currently the project I was working on seems to have died out due to inactivity. Unfortuante, as it had a lot of potential but apparently everyone working on it got busy and lost interest right after we moved to a new code base.

Therefore, I am looking to offer my services as a Builder/Designer to any project currently seeking such skills. Preferably, I would like to work with an experienced team/owner.

Looking to work on a serious project, where RP is strongly encouraged(i.e. OOC not prefered in Says, Someone's name isn't eight different colours, etc.) I have adequate experience in Smaug, which seems to be a favourite for many start ups, and am always seeking to expand my knowledge.

I have a strong grasp of building and design, as well as a detailed imagination. If you have a project you are looking for help with, and would be intersted in considering me to join your team, feel free to reply to this post or email me at kress_lack@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Kresslack
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Mon 23 May 2011 12:39 PM (UTC)
As a note, this offer is still available. I've been looking for a good project for over a year now.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sun 28 Aug 2011 09:24 AM (UTC)
Bump. Still looking for an active project. Tell me there's gotta be something out there.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Thorbenn   (25 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sun 28 Aug 2011 12:36 PM (UTC)

I can't offer a project to build on but i would need some help getting something to work in SimpleMUD from Ron Pentons Book and it would be a little work for you. I am new to Mud Programming and am trying to implement a pvp function to the SimpleMUD from the Book Mud Game programming. Right now you can attack a player but only the first one that is in the list from the room you are in. My question is how can i get it done to select a specific player that can be attacked. like if i would type ingame the command "attack thorbenn" that the player thorbenn would be the one attacked.
http://gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11304 Heres a link where Nick was trying to help me with it.

void Game::PVP(const string& p_player) {
Player& e = *m_player;
room r = e.CurrentRoom();
sint64 now = Game::GetTimer().GetMS();
std::list<player>::iterator itr;
for (itr = r->Players().begin(); itr != r->Players().end(); itr++)
{
Player& p = **itr;
if (itr != r->Players().end()) {break ;}
else { e.SendString(newline + red +bold + "There is no such Player here!") ; return ; }
} // end of for loop

Player& p = **itr;
int damage;
if( e.Weapon() == 0 )
{
damage = BasicLib::RandomInt( 1, 3 );
e.NextAttackTime() = now + seconds( 1 );
}
else
{
damage = BasicLib::RandomInt( e.Weapon()->Min(), e.Weapon()->Max() );
e.NextAttackTime() = now + seconds( e.Weapon()->Speed() );
}
if( BasicLib::RandomInt( 0, 99 ) >= e.GetAttr(ACCURACY) - p.GetAttr( DODGING ) )
{
Game::SendRoom(newline + yellow + e.Name() + " slashes at " + p.Name() +
" but misses!", e.CurrentRoom() );
return;
}
damage += e.GetAttr(STRIKEDAMAGE);
damage -= p.GetAttr( DAMAGEABSORB );

if( damage < 1 )
damage = 1;
p.AddHitpoints( -damage );
Game::SendRoom(newline + red + e.Name() + " hits " + p.Name() + " and inflicts " +
tostring( damage ) + " damage!", e.CurrentRoom() );
if( p.HitPoints() <= 0 )
PlayerKilled( p.ID() );
}
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,025 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]