[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Dawn of Time
. -> [Folder]  Configuration
. . -> [Subject]  ICTime

ICTime

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Polarus   Canada  (69 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 18 Dec 2002 02:51 AM (UTC)
I want to implement a Roman calendar. I can't seem to get the set ictime thing to work. (I noticed it in ictime.cpp, maybe it's not done?)

What should I do?

-=Flitting from Project to Project=-
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kalahn   United Kingdom  (138 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Fri 20 Dec 2002 11:14 PM (UTC)
That is a pretty open ended question you have asked... "What should you do?".

There are two issues here... the first is the calendar system you want to implement, the second is understanding the current calendar and time system.

You need to generate code for your new calendar system... I would suggest writing it as a small independant application. The system should be able to convert any date time in time_t format (number of in real life seconds past midnight, 1st Jan 1970) (you can see this as "Seconds past 1Jan1970" at the top of the the memory command within the game). Once you can consistantly convert from that value to a date+time in your calendar system, then you are ready to put it into the mud code.

The mud ictime system is based on running 10 times faster than the system time... so 6 seconds = 1 minute. The calendar has the same number of days in a month, making calculations very simple (also so 1 ic year about 25 days instead of 36.5 days).

Look at get_shorticdate_from_time() within ictime.cpp for an idea of what I am meaning about translating time_t into an IC time... the calculations are pretty simple because there is an even number of days in each month.

- Kal

Kalahn
Developer of the Dawn of Time codebase
http://www.dawnoftime.org/
[Go to top] top

Posted by Polarus   Canada  (69 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sat 21 Dec 2002 12:44 AM (UTC)
I want to implement the Roman A.U.C calendar. This is the calendar that we use today, except it has latin names, and it might be a few days off, but I could fudge that.

-=Flitting from Project to Project=-
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

15,391 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]