MUSHclient command (input) window
- You can specify a font, font colour and background colour for the command window
independently of the output window.
- Can be resized so lengthy commands can be entered (see example of command window below)
- Supports copy/cut/paste, arrow keys, home and end keys, and the mouse
- Last 5,000 commands entered are saved for recall and editing
- Previous commands can be viewed in a "command history" window for
easy selection (see example below)
- Commands can optionally be echoed in the output window
- You can repeat the last command with a single keystroke (Ctrl+R) - useful in combat MUDs
- You can recall a previous command by typing part of it and pressing Alt+Up-arrow
- One command window is maintained per world window, so you can easily switch
to entering a command in a different world, whilst in the middle of typing
- If you are about to accidently wipe out your typing (by using a function key)
the program prompts you, so as to avoid losing your input.
- Function keys (and numeric keypad actions) which act immediately (eg. North)
save and restore whatever you were typing in the command area, so that they
do not wipe out your typing.
- Auto Say - This option allows you to automatically "say" everything
you type, without having to prefix each line with "say". The auto-say
prefix is customisable, so you could use it to "auto-page" for example.
There are various ways of excluding lines from being auto-said, if desired.
Auto-say can be turned on or off from the button bar.
- You can use the "find" command to find a particular line in the command
Comments to Gammon Software support
Page updated on Tuesday, 6 December 2005