[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Tips and tricks
. . -> [Subject]  How to make a separate chats window

How to make a separate chats window

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 7  8  

Posted by Slowreflex   (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #75 on Wed 26 Jan 2011 08:55 PM (UTC)

I've really been trying to get this to work, but I can't. Basically, I want to match any line that has something surrounded by ' ' regardless of where it comes in the line. I tried '*' but it seems to pickup any line with a ' in it, even if there's only one. Can someone please help?

This is what is picking up anything with a ' instead of surrounded by them, as I would expect.

<trigger
enabled="y"
match="'*'"
regexp="n"
script="chat_redirect"
omit_from_output="n"
sequence="100"
>
</trigger>

Thanks for your help.

Nick, my trigger was in my original post. Hope you can help. Thanks.

JT
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #76 on Wed 26 Jan 2011 10:05 PM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 26 Jan 2011 10:06 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Can you humour me please by copying it again as described here?

Template:copying For advice on how to copy aliases, timers or triggers from within MUSHclient, and paste them into a forum message, please see Copying XML.

For one thing, I should see:

<triggers>

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Sinule   (6 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #77 on Wed 16 Feb 2011 12:56 PM (UTC)
I've had a tinker around with no success, how can I get it to play a sound every time something is written to the chat window/world?

I'd assume I add something like:

PlaySound (0, "sound.wav")

Somewhere in the script.

My current script is too long to quote here so I've popped it on pastbin http://pastebin.com/4g7DsSXy

Any help would be very much appreciated.

~Sinule

[Go to top] top

Posted by TheExile   (12 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #78 on Sat 14 May 2011 06:02 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 14 May 2011 06:08 PM (UTC) by TheExile

I'm having problems getting this script to work exactly the way I'd like it to and for the life of me I cannot get it right.

This is what I'm using right now.

<triggers>

<trigger
enabled="y"
match="'*'"
omit_from_output="y"
regexp="y"
script="redirect"
sequence="100"
>
</trigger>

<trigger
enabled="y"
match="'*'"
omit_from_output="y"
regexp="y"
script="redirect"
sequence="100"
>
</trigger>

</triggers>

The problem is of course it picks up words like can't and don't in the room descriptions but this is the only way I can get it to pickup the actual chat.

Examples,

Jimbob [OOC]s, 'oh lol '
You say, 'hmm'
You ask, 'hmm?'
You exclaim, 'hmm!'
Jimbob sends a scouter transmission to you, 'What do you want?'

The last example is a tell.

Any help?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #79 on Sat 14 May 2011 10:54 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 14 May 2011 11:11 PM (UTC) by Fiendish

Why do you have two identical triggers with the same wrong pattern?

"'*'" is not valid regex for capturing between apostrophes.
"'.*'" might be.

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by TheExile   (12 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #80 on Sat 14 May 2011 11:29 PM (UTC)
Grrr.. my mistake I had problems copying my script and had to edit my post acouple times.

In any case, yes thank you, that fixed my problem.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Yerviz   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #81 on Thu 01 Dec 2011 03:10 PM (UTC)
I'm trying to pick up something like "<COMLINK: Oedal> test" from the chat window. How would i format my trigger to pick that up?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Koda   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #82 on Mon 06 Feb 2012 05:32 PM (UTC)
I'm using the original plug-in with Achaea. Works great, but now I get lots of extra prompt lines in my main window.

Is there an easy way to make this omit the prompt from after only the lines that are redirected?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Ashleykitsune   (33 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #83 on Thu 23 Feb 2012 02:51 PM (UTC)
I'm trying to get this plugin to work I'm replacing the line:
match="^[A-Za-z]+ (says|chats|yells) \'(.*?)\'$"

with

match="(<page>|<public>|<debate>|<OOC>)*"

When I install it and run it it says the following error message after opening the second window:

Can't open chat world file: C:\Program Files\MUs\MUSHClient\worlds\RoD chats.mcl

Is there anything I've done wrong? I entered "0.0.0.0" for the TCP/IP address like suggested. The Port is set to 4000 for some reason though.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #84 on Thu 23 Feb 2012 10:25 PM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #85 on Fri 24 Feb 2012 02:17 AM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 24 Feb 2012 02:23 AM (UTC) by Ashleykitsune

I think I figured it out- The "chat world" name wasn't "RoD chats", I think when I saw this part I thought it was the file name. I've been working on this late at night when I actually have time, so I'm bound to make mistakes like that.
I'm at work right now so when I get home I'll modify the code so that the line: chat_world = "PKFusion" is added replacing the "RoD chats".

I'll let you know how it goes,
Thanks for the response,

Nick Gammon said:

•Enter a "chat" world name ... I used "RoD chats", but you can use anything, provided you modify the plugin slightly.

•Enter "0.0.0.0" for the TCP/IP address - this stops MUSHclient from trying to actually connect to this world.

•Hit OK to create this world.

•Press Ctrl+G or Alt+Enter to enter the world configuration, and change the font size (in Appearance -> Output) to be small enough to fit the chat window on your screen alongside the main world. Maybe change the "wrap column" to be smaller if necessary.

•Go to the File menu -> Save World Details (Ctrl+S).

•Save as the suggested name "RoD chats.mcl".

On a side note, I'm very excited about using this program once I can learn how it works.
Thanks,
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #86 on Fri 24 Feb 2012 01:45 PM (UTC)
Alright, that's what it was. Everything works fine now! So that's one goal on my profile that I can check off, now to move on to the next one.
[Go to top] top

Posted by FruitSmoothie   (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #87 on Sun 04 Mar 2012 02:13 AM (UTC)
I'm trying to get all messages starting with:

On your wristpad radio:
and
[zotnet]

to be transferred to the other window, playing Hatemoo. I don't want them shown on the main window either. How can I accomplish this? It's not working too well...
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #88 on Sun 04 Mar 2012 02:17 AM (UTC)

[zotnet] Bobby asks, "Have you ever met a gangster that wasn't cool?"

On your wristpad radio: [cam-Apt 321] On the CRT television: This just in: A rioting mob of indigenous mutants is growing in numbers in the Necropolis!
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #89 on Sun 04 Mar 2012 02:39 AM (UTC)

If needed, better examples:

[zotnet] Bobby asks, "Have you ever met a gangster that wasn't cool?"

On your wristpad radio: [cam-Apt 321] On the CRT television: This just in: A rioting mob of indigenous mutants is growing in numbers in the Necropolis!

They're also different colors and such, if possible, though it seems complicated to do with this system. Example:

On your wristpad radio: [yellow][cam-Apt 101][/yellow] [green]On the CRT television: This just in: A rioting mob of indigenous mutants is growing in numbers in the Necropolis![/green]

On your wristpad radio: [yellow][cam-Apt 101][/yellow] The [B]ham radio: [red][FCPD][/red]The scrawny hound earned 8 stars at Fourth and Grand.[B]

[red][zotnet][/red] Bobby asks, "Have you ever met a gangster that wasn't cool?"

Brackets and colors are the colors they appears as normally, [B] is bolded white text.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

361,214 views.

This is page 6, subject is 8 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2  3  4  5  6 7  8  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]