[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Error 10065

Error 10065

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2  3  4 

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #45 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 07:17 PM (UTC)

But there is something that i nitoced, just behind the error message is a thing that thanks me for evaluating version 3.50.

I'm a little curious about this message. What is the wording exactly? The version number is stored in a single place in the program, it shouldn't show one version and thank you for evaluating another.

In fact the little window that pops up when you first use MUSHclient does not have the word "evaluating" in it.

Are you by any chance using a "cracked" version? Whoever did the cracked version may have put in a screen about "thanks for evaluating version 3.50", and not updated that screen for recent versions.

If you are using a cracked version the error message may relate to the program trying to connect to the cracker site in order to send personal information from your PC. Naturally this code is not something I put there, but a risk you take when using cracked versions.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #46 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 07:45 PM (UTC)
Not to mention a bloody stupid way to crack it... It would probably take less effort and time to generate a key to break it than hardcode a possible trojan, keylogger or other gadget into the program. With cracked versions, where the guy went into that much trouble, you are likely to end up paying for what you get, just not with money. A bit different in the days of games you couldn't copy the bloody disks for, so you had to hack their boot loaders as the only way to make backups. But today, its just damn stupid to trust people that go to that much effort on something as relatively unprotected as this...
[Go to top] top

Posted by Tycho   (14 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #47 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 07:53 PM (UTC)
Thank you for evaluating MUSHclient version 3.50!

----> This is an UNREGISTERED copy <----

To purchase your registration please visit:
http://www.mushclient.com/fee.htm

For information and assistance about MUSHclient visit our forum at:
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/

This message does not appear once you have registered.
(The above links can be found under the Help menu)

Thats what the window behind the error message reads Nick. That shows up after i use the quick connect option, i fill it out correctly

World Name: acadiana
TCP/IP: acadiana.acadianamoo.com
Port:9999

It works on three computers, just not mine, I'm haveing a friend come over who is a total software guru. I'll have him find out what the problem is and let you guys know so we can get some closure on this.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #48 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 07:55 PM (UTC)
And i dont know if i got a cracked version but i downloaded the version that is available from this site. Granted, i dont know if that is the right copy to get or not, but seen as how its comming from you, i figure it almost has to be a good copy...anyway...ill try to figure out what is wrong in the mean time
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #49 on Sat 08 Jan 2005 09:40 PM (UTC)

That is in the output window when you connect to a world. However that should still be the correct version, it shows 3.65 when I try my 3.65 copy unregistered.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #50 on Sun 09 Jan 2005 12:08 AM (UTC)
So what you're saying is that when i see that i am connected to the world? Cus when i do the correct logon {Connect Tycho Bradock} it tells me it has no clue what im trying to do. So like someone sugested i went and tweaked with my firewalls, unblocked the correct port, only now when i downloaded the version from the link on this site, there was no .exe file in the package so now i have a version with no "go" button
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #51 on Sun 09 Jan 2005 06:48 AM (UTC)
You've lost me a bit here. The download *is* an exe:

http://www.gammon.com.au/files/mushclient/mushclient365.exe

When you run that you get - amongst other things - mushclient.exe which is the actual program.

What "go" button are you referring to?

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

99,774 views.

This is page 4, subject is 4 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2  3  4 

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]