[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  MUSHClient crashing on Save World Details in Vista
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

MUSHClient crashing on Save World Details in Vista

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Pgolds   USA  (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 28 Sep 2009 07:45 PM (UTC)
Every time I try to Save World Details, MUSHClient crashes. I am using Vista Home Premium. My world file sits in my Documents folder. I've tried running the shortcut as administrator and using Win XP compatability with the same results. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling MUSHClient.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
[Go to top] top

Posted by WillFa   USA  (525 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 28 Sep 2009 07:57 PM (UTC)

Press CTRL+ALT+G to bring up global options.
On the Worlds tab, change the default directory from C:\Documents and Settings\.... to C:\Users\...

On the Plugins tab, change the default directory to your My Documents folder too (and not under program files).

Ok out of that dialog, press ALT+ENTER to bring up the world's properties, and change the scriptfile location from C:\Documents and Settings\... to C:\Users

Hope that helps.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,322 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Mon 28 Sep 2009 10:13 PM (UTC)
Template:version Please help us by advising the version of MUSHclient you are using. Use the Help menu -> About MUSHclient.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Tue 29 Sep 2009 03:04 AM (UTC)

I tried changing the Worlds and Plugins default locations, but it still crashed when I tried saving the World details.

The version is MUSHClient 4.40.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,322 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Tue 29 Sep 2009 04:35 AM (UTC)
Well, you could try version 4.43, although I don't think that fixes anything major relating to crashes:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=9659

If that doesn't work, we need to work out what is happening. Other people use Vista and it doesn't crash when they save.

Pgolds said:

Every time I try to Save World Details, MUSHClient crashes.

• Are you using any plugins? If so, please try a world with no plugins, and see if that helps. If that does help, add the plugins back in one by one to see which one is causing it.

• Are you using scripting? Try turning scripting off, and try again.

• Are there "funny" characters in the file name, or the world name? (ie. other than A-Z, spaces, that sort of thing).

• Does it actually save the details? That is, does it crash before or after writing the world file?

• Try doing a "save as" to another directory, one you can definitely write to.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Tue 06 Oct 2009 02:33 AM (UTC)
I did a Save World Details As... and that worked! I still crash on the original files, but at least the client is functional now.

Thanks for the help.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

5,046 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]