[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Dual Class - Skill Usage

Dual Class - Skill Usage

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Rash   United Kingdom  (56 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 16 Jul 2008 01:15 PM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 16 Jul 2008 01:16 PM (UTC) by Rash

Im having a problem with my remort code I've used from a snippet. (I cant recall the author's name
as Ive had the code for sometime and there was no headers with it. Possiably it was a Rom port?)
I've since added to it to allow a player to keep all their stats, equipment, glory etc. Im now
wanting them to keep their skill's and be able to use them in to their next class. I found a
Dual Class fix somewhere (Possiably Kyndig's Website?) and tried using that and adapting as
needed but I simply cant get it to work. The player can see their previous class skill's under
'practice' but can't practice ANY skill or cast ANY spell (but can use practiced skills?).

What Im after is simple, upon remort, a player can keep and use (and practice if they havnt already)
any skill/spell their character had before the remort aswell as use any new skills and spells the
character can learn in there new class.

Below is the code I've used including the remort code and the dual class fix i mentioned above.

Use the link to get the file. It's well over 6000 character's and so can't be posted here without spanning multiple posts.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vdzobmjnfj3 (Simple text file hosted at mediafire.com)

Thanks for any help.

Rash
[Go to top] top

Posted by Robert Powell   Australia  (367 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 17 Jul 2008 01:11 AM (UTC)
The code looks to be derived from remort by Xervies of Raffermand to me, Assuming that it is, you have 2 or more sets of classes, Mort tier 0 and remort tier 1 etc.

With that type of remort and the way that smaug handles skills it is not easy to give a remort class access to all the old skills that the character has, unless they are all ready in the class file.

Possible ways around this are linear progressions in classes where Warrior has only 1 choice to remort to Deathknight as you can then have all of warriors skills in the deathknight class file.

If however you want to have warrior remort into other classes like mage, the solution becomes a lot more difficult. Possibly the most hackish way would to be to use SKILL_HIDDEN flag on all the skills and have every skill in every class file and turn the flags on and off depending on class choice.

That was how i implemented remort and classless in Eldhamud 1.04. Remort just made some new skills visible, which made them practicable by PC's.

Just a guy having a bit of fun. Nothing more, nothing less, I do not need I WIN to feel validated.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,622 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]