[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Object not a collection

Object not a collection

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Natasi   (79 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 13 Mar 2008 04:07 AM (UTC)
I've been using a few plugins for nearly half a year now, but when I create a new realm, and attempt to use the Plugins, I receive this error.

Script error
Plugin: RiftSortingPlugin (called from world: testmerealm)
Execution of line 2 column 5
Immediate execution
Object not a collection

Can anyone clue me into what is causing this error to pop up? Thanks for any help!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 13 Mar 2008 05:03 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 13 Mar 2008 05:04 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

I am not familiar with this plugin, but purely as a guess some variable (a collection?) has not been initialized when used on a new world. Does the plugin documentation suggest any command you type to initialize it?

This is not really a MUSHclient bug, it is a bug in this plugin, by whoever wrote it.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 13 Mar 2008 12:37 PM (UTC)
I wrote the Plugin myself, and I have multiple people using it, but it seems when used on a newly created world, that whenever a command is entered from an internal alias, that is the error that is shown for some reason. It works fine from my normal realm, just seems to error on newly created ones.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shaun Biggs   USA  (644 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Thu 13 Mar 2008 04:18 PM (UTC)
What exactly is on line one and two of this plugin? It is really hard to tell what is wrong with a plugin without actually seeing where the error is coming from.

It is much easier to fight for one's ideals than to live up to them.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Thu 13 Mar 2008 08:20 PM (UTC)
I assumed from the fact that you had not posted any details about the plugin that you were not the author. At least post the first few lines of the plugin, or a link to where we could obtain it.

It is incredibly hard to fix a bug where you say "I wrote a plugin, it gives an error", but don't post any details at all about the plugin, not even what language it is written for.

I am moving this thread to Plugins, as clearly this is not a MUSHclient bug as such.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Thu 13 Mar 2008 08:48 PM (UTC)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE muclient>
<!-- Saved on Wednesday, December 05, 2007, 10:44 PM -->
<!-- MuClient version 4.14 -->

<!-- Plugin "RiftSortingPlugin" generated by Plugin Wizard -->

<muclient>
<plugin
name="RiftSortingPlugin"
author="JWild"
id="d711b476123a2cc44cf97cd4"
language="VBscript"
purpose="Creates Categories of your Rift and Lets you know Herb shortage."
save_state="y"
date_written="2007-12-05 22:41:11"
requires="3.62"
version="1.0"
>

</plugin>

<!-- Get our standard constants -->

<include name="constants.vbs"/>

...and it continues from there. If you need me to, I can set a link for DL from my site for the full plugin.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Thu 13 Mar 2008 09:04 PM (UTC)
The error is in line 2 of the script, line 2 of the plugin is:

<!DOCTYPE muclient>

From the fact that you have included the standard constants (which are quite a few lines) and it says "Immediate execution" - the error is probably actually in an alias that does "send to script".

What do you type that causes the error? Is it an alias? If so, can you post that please.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Thu 13 Mar 2008 09:13 PM (UTC)

If you need me to, I can set a link for DL from my site for the full plugin.

If you can't work out which line is causing it, yes that would help, thanks.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Thu 13 Mar 2008 11:07 PM (UTC)
I actually just have the people using the script right now loading it in a set way in their older realms and it works now, seems so far it was just new realm creations causing the issue.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

22,206 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]