[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  Reset error

Reset error

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Orik   USA  (182 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 08 Mar 2008 11:47 PM (UTC)
I was building an area on my smaugfuss1.8 mud and I everything was going ok.

I went to do a reset list to see my resets and it started crashing on me. I had used reset list about 30 minutes prior to it crashing and I'm not sure what changed within that 30 minutes. I just added a couple more mobs, put them where I wanted and did an instazone. Did reset list and my mud crashed. Reset list works fine on all other areas.

Here's the bt:

(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7d52a3b in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0xb7d27094 in vfprintf () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0xb7d458c4 in vsnprintf () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0xb7d2c475 in snprintf () from /lib/libc.so.6
#4  0x0820018d in sprint_reset (pReset=0x8871920, num=0xbf967330) at reset.c:101
#5  0x08201176 in do_reset (ch=0x883eff0, argument=0xbf969c4e "") at reset.c:1084
#6  0x0819a2ff in interpret (ch=0x883eff0, argument=0xbf969c4a "list") at interp.c:545
#7  0x08145f05 in game_loop () at comm.c:854
#8  0x08147de2 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbf96a114) at comm.c:531

I looked in my building/file but I couldn't see any problems. When I do a next on the above gdb the mud dies.

What can I do from here?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Sat 08 Mar 2008 11:50 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 09 Mar 2008 12:02 AM (UTC) by Orik

My area loads fine when it comes back up. The resets that were there in my last instazone work just fine and all the mobs load perfectly. Everything I created before it crashed is gone because it wasn't saved. So I'm not sure what's going on.

Just can't do a reset list.

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sun 09 Mar 2008 12:17 AM (UTC)
Seems like it was my wear locations... hmm. Not sure what happened with those. I deleted all my wear locations in my building file and it shows resets fine now.

The eq was loading fine on the mobs. Not sure what the problem was. I'll keep testing.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Sun 09 Mar 2008 12:31 AM (UTC)
It seems my mud is writing the instazone stuff incorrectly.

My reset looked like this in the file:

Reset E 1 1202 1 30

When i looked at newdark.are to see what those resets looked like my reset should have looked liked this:

Reset E 1 1202 23 16

That was for the same type of eq (sword)

When I changed it to the second reset, my reset list worked fine in my building area.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sun 09 Mar 2008 01:19 AM (UTC)

In reset.c at 101, I changed:

wear_locs[tReset->arg3]

to

item_w_flags[(tReset->arg3 + 1)]

The reason i did this is because I changed the wear locations around a long time ago and it was trying to read past the number of wear_locs that I had. So I am just using the item_w_flags to show what position the eq is in. I had to put the + 1 in there because it was reading one less then what it was supposed to.

It's working fine now so all is well.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

12,638 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]