[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Loading of Offline Characters

Loading of Offline Characters

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Mark Z   USA  (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 07 Dec 2006 06:57 AM (UTC)
Im not very good with mush client yet and I am trying to figure out if I can have a bot of mine which I run on a mud to be able to loadup a offline character. If this is possible someone please let me in on the secret to it. I would much appreciate it. Thanks

Mark
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 07 Dec 2006 08:11 AM (UTC)
What do you mean by loading up an offline character?

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 07 Dec 2006 02:27 PM (UTC)
ok guess I wasn't specific enough lemme give you an example of what I am trying to accomplish.

Player1 gives 1,000,000 coins to Bot for something.
Bot makes Bot2 come online and hand Player1 item.
Bot makes Bot2 go offline.

I don't think I can make it any easier hopefully someone gets my drift and can help. Thanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Thu 07 Dec 2006 03:17 PM (UTC)
What is Bot? Is that just another character on the MUD?

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Fri 08 Dec 2006 01:56 AM (UTC)
Umm. Yeah. He is talking about "bots", as in "client script driven players", I think. I think its a bloody stupid cheat, so am not going to even consider helping, but someone else might. But in general, I think he wants to have "his" player do something that causes a second player "bot #1" to tell "bot #2" to log in, then do something else that helps the first character. Imho, anyone trying to do something this convoluted is probably trying to get around restrictions of the mud they play at and can expect to be nuked for it, but maybe I am wrong and they allow this where he plays, but that would make something so complicated to do it fairly pointless.

Not for me to judge the foolishness of this guy, but I am not going to lend him rope to hang himself either. lol
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #5 on Fri 08 Dec 2006 06:03 AM (UTC)
I don't want to give heaps of help in setting up bots, which arguably take away the fun for other players, but something you could consider is using the chat system to get one character to communicate with another.

On this page is a description of it, including how you might use custom chat message numbers to send messages from one character to another, these could conceivably be used to automate various things:

http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/chat.htm

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Fri 08 Dec 2006 08:13 AM (UTC)
Thanks for the information Nick, on the subject of bots, on my mud the bots are used for helping players and not for botting such things as equipment and such. I didn't know that most muds ban bots. Anyways I have a friend who wrote up a script/plugin for what I needed. Thanks for the help.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

21,515 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]