[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  Compiling the server
. . -> [Subject]  copyover7 on a swrip codebase

copyover7 on a swrip codebase

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Kazer   (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 10 May 2005 04:43 AM (UTC)
After following the directions I ended up with these errors. I didnt add the copyover.c file instead i put the functions but not the declarations into comm.c at the bottom. I'm not quite sure what to do with this kind of error, never seen it before. Please help.
-----------------------------------------------------------
db.o(.text+0x2dfc): In function `boot_db(bool)':
/home/mud/lotl/marlius/swrip2/src/db.c:807: undefined reference to `copyover_recover()'
tables.o(.text+0x1bf5): In function `skill_function(char*)':
/home/mud/lotl/marlius/swrip2/src/tables.c:270: undefined reference to `do_copyover(char_data*, char*)'
tables.o(.text+0x7413): In function `skill_name(void (*)(char_data*, char*))':
/home/mud/lotl/marlius/swrip2/src/tables.c:1093: undefined reference to `do_copyover(char_data*, char*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
swrip: No such file or directory
swrip: No such file or directory
chmod g+w swrip
chmod: failed to get attributes of `swrip': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [swrip] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mud/lotl/marlius/swrip2/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2
-----------------------------------------------------------
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Tue 10 May 2005 03:38 PM (UTC)
Make sure you declare that function in the main header file, which should be mud.h

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Fri 13 May 2005 03:58 AM (UTC)
I did define "void copyover_recover args((void));" and "DECLARE_DO_FUN(do_copyover);" in mud.h, I went over the instructions again and the same error came up. I dont understand why this is happening as far as I can tell this should work.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Fri 13 May 2005 04:03 PM (UTC)
Make sure you did a make clean. Also, will you post the lines you added in tables.c here?

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Fri 13 May 2005 09:04 PM (UTC)
I did a make clean and the errors still remain, I tried again before posting as well. In tables.c I added these two lines.
"if(!str_cmp(name, "do_copyover")) return do_copyover;"
"if(skill == do_copyover) return "do_copyover";"
I put them both after the do_consider lines.
[Go to top] top

Posted by DarrikVequir   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Wed 18 May 2005 03:28 PM (UTC)
From what I can tell, what has been suggested should work. All you need is the function declared, the function in tables.c, and the DECLARE_DO_FUN in mud.h

Make sure you updated mud.h on the server. Make clean, make sure tables.o no longer exists, and recompile...

Not much more we can suggest :)

Darrik Vequir
[Go to top] top

Posted by Gatewaysysop2   USA  (146 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Thu 19 May 2005 03:55 PM (UTC)
Maybe you should try installing it exactly as stated in the instructions, rather than moving the functions around as you did. You might have missed a step somewhere and not noticed, or perhaps something is implicit in the instructions that you have and you aren't even aware that you've changed something you shouldn't?

Just a suggestion.

"The world of men is dreaming, it has gone mad in its sleep, and a snake is strangling it, but it can't wake up." -D.H. Lawrence
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

18,192 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]