[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  SWrip
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

SWrip

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Nysha   (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 14 Mar 2005 09:03 PM (UTC)
Hi,

I've just recently began using swrip, but unfortunately I can't seem to use any of the building commands - zones, redit, rstat, aassign, I've tried all the most common ones too but I can't seem to get it to work. I've scoured most of the files that came with the code but have been unable to find anything that can help me begin building.

And I have sent an email to Darrik as the license requests.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

~Nysha
[Go to top] top

Posted by Zeno   USA  (2,871 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 14 Mar 2005 09:30 PM (UTC)
Are you an Immortal? If so, are you high enough to use the commands?

Zeno McDohl,
Owner of Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
http://www.biyg.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Mon 14 Mar 2005 09:44 PM (UTC)
Level 110, I believe. Also has me in the wizlist up as the head honcho.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Mon 14 Mar 2005 10:14 PM (UTC)
Type wizhelp. Look over those commands. Are the commands you are trying to use in that list? If so, type "cedit <command>" and tell me what it says the code is set to.

Zeno McDohl,
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Mon 14 Mar 2005 10:17 PM (UTC)
You might be right somehow, maybe I'm not fully set as an immortal? I've tried wizhelp but it only has a few basic commands, not any of the building ones.

any cedit command just says "huh?"

and thank you for helping
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Mon 14 Mar 2005 10:26 PM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 14 Mar 2005 11:27 PM (UTC) by Zeno

Seems like you're not the highest Immortal then. (cedit is a high lvl command) Find out what the highest level is, and edit your pfile up to that level.

[EDIT] We are discussing this over MSN. I'll make an edit when we find a solution.

[EDIT 2] Never found out why. The character was an Immortal of the highest, but was missing commands.

Zeno McDohl,
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Cash   USA  (626 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Tue 15 Mar 2005 12:23 AM (UTC)
If i recall correctly, a friend of mine was playing with this and he said that immortals were "set" with "command packages". I'm guessing you don't have any. Try looking into that, as that is probably the answer. Sorry I can't provide more help, I don't use the SWRiP code, but maybe this is a starting place.

~Nick Cash
http://www.nick-cash.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by DarrikVequir   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Mon 21 Mar 2005 09:14 PM (UTC)
My apologies for the delay on the response. I was away in Germany for a week, and then I apparently picked up the flu there and was sick for a week. Needless to say, I haven't been as active as I normally am.

The last poster on this thread is correct. RiP2.0 has 'commandgroups.' My documentation on this could be better, but the cedit command will show you what commandgroup is required for any commands. For a 110, simply copy the commandgroups line on Darrik's pfile and paste it into yours.

mset <player> commandgroup <number of commandgroup> will set a immortal to a commandgroup. Unfortunately, I didn't write a help file for them. The list is in mud.h, search for command_group, and you can see the list. Add one to each ( implementor is commandgroup 1 ) and you now know the list.

DV
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Tue 22 Mar 2005 02:34 AM (UTC)
Thank you all kindly for the input and replies.

This appears to be a very nice codebase too, I recommend it.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

4,770 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]