[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Tips and tricks
. . -> [Subject]  Triggers to cancel following lines

Triggers to cancel following lines

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1 2  

Posted by Hathcock   (49 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 07 Apr 2004 11:54 PM (UTC)
I was wondering how I would set something so that the lines following the triggered line, do not activate my other triggers...like this

**illusion**
A sense of deep inner calm descends on you.

**illusion**

I need the (**illusion**) part to be the trigger and make it so that (A sense of deep inner calm descends on you.
) doesn't set off a trigger, if one is set for it.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 08 Apr 2004 12:44 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 08 Apr 2004 12:46 AM (UTC) by Flannel

make two triggers. One matches on your illusion line, the other on the calm line.

the first one is normal, matches your illusion line, and all it does is turn on the second. (enabletrigger)

The second has a REAL LOW priority, matching the calm line, lower than the other possible triggers it might match on. Then have that trigger turn itself off (using enabletrigger), and simple dont check keep evaluating.

edit: this is of course assuming the calm line WILL come after it. If not, then youll need to decide on a timeout (or a prompt line, or whatnot) and disable the second trigger again some other way (either a timer (DoAfter) or a prompt line, or some other way of disabling the calm trigger.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 08 Apr 2004 01:43 PM (UTC)
yeah, it's not always the calm line, it's different each time, the only thing that stays the same is the **illusion** part
[Go to top] top

Posted by Gore   (207 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Thu 08 Apr 2004 09:54 PM (UTC)
trigger ** Illusion ** to turn on a prompt trigger to turn off all your affliction triggers. :p Once your prompt hits, turn them all on again
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 08 Apr 2004 10:06 PM (UTC)
Thats so broad. However yes, if you have a prompt, use that to turn everything back on. However if you want to be able to turn off individuals, well, I guess you could turn them off. Depends on if you want NOTHING to match, or just certain triggers to not match.

If you want to have nothing match at all, then youll need to match on those lines with a low sequence, and then have them not keep evaluating (the line doesnt get sent to any more triggers).

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Thu 08 Apr 2004 10:20 PM (UTC)
Put your affliction triggers in a group, have the illusion trigger disable the group and reenable it after say 5 seconds or however long you think is safe.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Fri 09 Apr 2004 01:15 AM (UTC)
Meerclar-Put your affliction triggers in a group, have the illusion trigger disable the group and reenable it after say 5 seconds or however long you think is safe.

I like how that sounds, can you give me an example of how to write a script for that?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Fri 09 Apr 2004 03:15 AM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 09 Apr 2004 03:16 AM (UTC) by Meerclar

This thread covers it quite nicely actually -
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=4038&page=999999

Down toward the bottom after Ked came to his senses again :)

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Fri 09 Apr 2004 09:35 AM (UTC)
<alias
name="trigger_controller"
match="^(etr|dtr)$"
enabled="y"
regexp="y"
send_to="12"
sequence="100"
>
<send>if "%1" = "etr" then
world.SetOption "enable_triggers", 1
world.Note "Triggers enabled"
elseif "%1" = "dtr" then
world.SetOption "enable_triggers", 0
world.Note "Triggers disabled"
end if</send>
</alias>
</aliases>

this is what Ked posted in the other area. Now, is there a way that on the first **illusion** it turns my trigegrs off and on hte second **illusion**, it turns them back on?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Ked   Russia  (524 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #9 on Fri 09 Apr 2004 01:06 PM (UTC)
Make an "** Illusion **" trigger, set it to send to scripting and put this into the Send box:

world.SetOption "enable_triggers", 0
world.Note "Triggers disabled"
world.DoAfterSpecial 1, "world.SetOption ""enable_triggers"", 1 ", 12

That will disable your triggers when you get the first "** Illusion **" message and enable them again 1 second later.
I don't know exactly how that skill functions but I think the pair of "** Illusion **" messages comes up with a very small delay, so 1 second should be enough.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Fri 09 Apr 2004 06:53 PM (UTC)
reply thanks Ked, that works rgeat...is there a way to have it only trigger off of a certain colored **illusion**?
like Dark Green or green?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Fri 09 Apr 2004 07:04 PM (UTC)
Ked, would it be possible to get a copy of your reflexes for Achaea, alot are the same as Aetolia and it would help me fix the parts I'm missing from mine. In our realm people charge for copies of their reflexes, so if you are willing, please let me know and we can work something out
[Go to top] top

Posted by Ked   Russia  (524 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #12 on Fri 09 Apr 2004 10:07 PM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 09 Apr 2004 10:08 PM (UTC) by Ked

You can set the trigger to match on a certaing foreground and/or background colour(s), there are dropdown boxes to that effect right under the match field in the Trigger dialogue.

Concerning the reflexes... Sorry, but I don't sell those, I am a strong opponent of buying/selling combat systems as I see it as both detrimental to the overall gameplay, since combat is a very large part of global roleplay, and my own RP. Besides, my combat system wouldn't help you much anyways, as it's spread out across a fairly large number of plugins and the main script, written in 2 different languages and heavily class-biased. You would probably need a few months to just read through it, and then would have to rewrite it nearly from scratch to fit it to your character. Obviously this wouldn't be a very bona fide deal on my part :) I suggest doing it yourself, I am yet to see someone buy a combat system and become any good at combat (in Achaea at least). Part of the reason why I'd never sell my combat system is that I realize all too well just how "effective" such a purchase would be for the person making it - a huge system that makes next to no sense and is thus impossible to modify, fix, or use efficiently. It'll last you about as long as it takes the mud staff to make the next skill change.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #13 on Sat 10 Apr 2004 03:26 AM (UTC)
Didn't really expect you to give it up, for such reasons. My triggers are good, just wanted to see what else I can add to make mine better.....like how can I add the herbbalance stuff...where it checks if I just ate a goldenseal right before I eat another, so it stops me from wasting them. Thanks for the color help
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #14 on Sat 10 Apr 2004 05:49 AM (UTC)
search the forum for those things. I dont play either place, but Ive seen enough goldenseal questions to remember them. A quick search will probably yield whatever specific questions you might have.
And for the stuff that hasnt been asked yet, this forum community is always up for a new challenge it seems. (just make it a new post, with a logical subject, to help other people reference it in the future)

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

48,295 views.

This is page 1, subject is 2 pages long: 1 2  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]