[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Tips and tricks
. . -> [Subject]  Zmud User Wondering
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Zmud User Wondering

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1 2  

Posted by Nomad980   USA  (9 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 23 Feb 2004 06:54 PM (UTC)
I was wondering if I am able to make windows like with zmud so i can send tells and says to them? Its helps a lot if you are able to do it.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,783 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 23 Feb 2004 07:58 PM (UTC)
You can use notepad windows, which are not imho that helpful, or something like what is being discussed in this thread:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=3810&page=999999

But that requires coding an external program to impliment the window.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 23 Feb 2004 08:46 PM (UTC)
I believe, for the purpose of your question, the answer is yes.
In Zmud, I think the windows arent much better (if at all) than notepad windows.
Never having seriously used Zmud, I wouldnt know for sure.

I know I use a window to capture my channels, and Ive gotten used to resizing it, etc. If nick ever implements window resizing in scripting, One could do some fancy stuff with it. Well, except for the lack of color.

Hmm, Nick, could the color thing be easily done via ANSI color codes? Just a thought.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Mon 23 Feb 2004 09:02 PM (UTC)
Hmm, how hard would it be to open windows outside MUSHClient? Come to think of it, why not just make a notepad window which could be controlled by scripting, and add it to MC? That would at least satisfy the users' needs, without needing too much programming, and even if there aren't any colors, it's still better than the normal notepad window... It could also be made topmost etc...

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nomad980   USA  (9 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Mon 23 Feb 2004 10:17 PM (UTC)
The thing is that I have no idea what the hell I am doing, I am trying to figure out half the stuff, and trying to change from zmud to MC. And one of the features that I have been able to use that has come in handy has been that window as It allows me to read anything that was sent if i had to run somewhere real quick...
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Mon 23 Feb 2004 10:25 PM (UTC)
you would basically make a trigger, or triggers for whatever text you want captured (regexp most likely), and then send it to a notepad window with SendToNotepad (which is an inbuilt script function)

You can find many examples of these chat-catching things in the forums, just do a search, youll come up with dozens of hits.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,674 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #6 on Tue 24 Feb 2004 04:20 AM (UTC)
You don't even need a script. Something like this (send to notepad, append):

<triggers>
  <trigger
   enabled="y"
   match="&lt;CHAT&gt;*"
   name="Chat_window"
   send_to="5"
   sequence="100"
  >
  <send>%0</send>
  </trigger>
</triggers>

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Dubthach   (47 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Tue 24 Feb 2004 03:33 PM (UTC)
One thing I would love to see (that I have gotten in the habit of using from playing graphical games) would be the ability to have one world with several tabs. Then you could add a tab to the world instead of a notepad window and use triggers to send certain mud output there.

Then ctrl-tab would still switch between worlds, but a new keyboard shortcut could quickly toggle between tabs within one world and you could get your tells, chats, clan channel or whatever in the other tabs.

Dub
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Tue 24 Feb 2004 05:01 PM (UTC)

I am currently in the process of hunting down info on 'control containers' and the code needed to manage them. 'If' I can find even the basic code needed to switch them in and out of design mode (like the form editors in most compilers), then it should be possible at minimum to design something that can let you design a layout for any window you like, assign its events to OnPlugin calls and then reload the result into a program that can then provide anything from a chat window to a notepad, to a database entry and search form. Unfortunately finding the documentation for control containers seems to be a bit like trying to find unicorns in the real world. There are a lot of things that can initially be mistaken for possible documentation from a bad angle, but the moment you get close enough, it turns out to have the wrong number of horns. lol

Anyone know where I can find the CPatron files from "Inside Ole 2"? This fabled document supposedly contains an example of such a magical 'control container' and may contain the incantations I need to make one. Unfortunately the unholy MSDN only lists the scrolls in the archive and lacks any actual copy of the contents. I suspect the equally unholy order of Nnycht (Nyah Nyah, you can't have this!) to be on my trail even as we speak and destroying all copies they come across. lol

I swear, it seems like the above is really true sometimes, especially if you are trying to do literally anything not published in a Visual C++ for Beginners book... :(
[Go to top] top

Posted by Dubthach   (47 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #9 on Tue 24 Feb 2004 07:10 PM (UTC)
I fail to see how adding a new tab object (or list of objects) to each world would be "limiting". It wouldn't prevent you from chasing whatever unicorn you wanted to, Shadowfyr. It would just add something very useful for the rest of us.

Dub
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Tue 24 Feb 2004 08:01 PM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 24 Feb 2004 08:06 PM (UTC) by Flannel

http://203.64.35.73/DN60ACHT1/SAMPLES/MSDN/TECHART/3183/CONTAIN/CPATRON/

That lists all the files... availiable for download.

If you want to cross reference and make sure everything is there...
http://www.at.oersted.dtu.dk/~oe-it/VisualStudioPro60/VisualStudioPro60-8.html#F:\SAMPLES\MSDN\TECHART\3183\CONTAIN\CPATRON
has a list of the files.

And actually, http://203.64.35.73/DN60ACHT1/SAMPLES/MSDN/TECHART/3183/
(the same place, just a few directories up) seems to have some documentation/etc about it as well.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,674 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #11 on Tue 24 Feb 2004 11:27 PM (UTC)

One thing I would love to see (that I have gotten in the habit of using from playing graphical games) would be the ability to have one world with several tabs.

It's a nice idea - it just might not be too easy to do, the way the program is currently written.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #12 on Wed 25 Feb 2004 12:01 AM (UTC)
Thanks Flannel. Not sure how you found it.. Bloody searched using every term I could think of and never found it. Just need to decifer how the heck it actually works now. lol

---

Well Dubthach, it actually is a neat idea, now that I think about it. A lot easier than going to the bloody window menu. I have come to seriously dislike programs that give you that as the only option. And no, Alt-Tab doesn't count. I have never been a hotkey person, I could never keep track of all the different ways programs used the darn things, so I never use them. Macros are a bit different, but I still only use maybe 2-3 of those. I was refering more to the general fact that existing built in windows, like the notepad are currently more annoying than really useful some times. That is one reason I have been working to come up with a decent external solution to these kinds of windows.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #13 on Wed 25 Feb 2004 12:38 AM (UTC)

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #14 on Wed 25 Feb 2004 12:54 AM (UTC)
Your idea will become moot if Shadowfyr gets his thing working. No offense.

And Shadowfyr, I just googled it. CPatron and it was a ways down the list, after all the phone numbers and emails.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,136 views.

This is page 1, subject is 2 pages long: 1 2  [Next page]

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]