[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUDs
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Something about behaviour and/or education

Something about behaviour and/or education

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Rjak   Romania  (42 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 20 Feb 2004 02:08 PM (UTC)
This is not a technical problem. Is just something that bothers me, and today I read the post of one of you:
"All muds have holes in them, not holes for hacking but ones to exploit to make you the best char in the game, you need to play a codebase and learn how the thing works, and use this to your advantage, THE SMART PLAYER WINS THE GAME. Just dont exploit things that are against the rules and if in doubt ASK AND IMM FOR HELP AND POINTERS they are generally a friendly bunch. And if the imms suck or have given their friends all the buffest equips then go and find a mud that dont suck."
I think are the most true words possible. But it is a problem: what if - just if - that mud is unique? Heavily modified diku, with unique features, unfair enough to be chalenging and fair enough to keep you addicted? What if you just love that mud, you could not find something like this - im not talking here about versions of the same mud where coders added rooms to something already built. I'm talking about somtheing build from the scratch. So it is impossibile to find something like that, and the Imms, of course, know this fact
They saw the same names in the 'who' list for about 4 yrs. So they know that they can do pretty much anything - i mean screw the codes - without fear of losing players.
And they acually did. In 4 yrs: 2 pwipes, and uncountable number of economic resets [all the players lose all gear, all money in the bank, even the shops], also an huge number of skills modifications without even a notification. About 2 crashes/1 hour of play, a really huge lag - about 2 seconds.
And now I come to you, experienced mud players, also experienced coders, some of you Imms, some others Owners and ask you: what can do a person in my situation to make the things right?

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

6,261 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]