[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Script notes in log files

Script notes in log files

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by 1of10   Canada  (54 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 15 Jul 2001 12:39 AM (UTC)
I don't know if it's something I've done or haven't done but as I look through my MUSHclient log files, I notice before every script note (world.note), a massive spam of the entire world output buffer is concatenated onto one line. Nothing else seems to produce this bug.

This could be related to the single newline/carrage return that is sent when some or all scripts are used. I've been trying desperately to create a custom .afk command on a certain talker. One that would store my AFK reason as a variable and repeat the AFK command after performing an anti-idle task. My only problem is the AFK command sent from the script is immediatley followed by a single empty line, which cancels the AFK, sometimes sending me into a loop.

If you'd like more details, you can contact me at:
one@spazmail.com

One of Ten
Secondary Adjunct of Unimatrix Z03
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 15 Jul 2001 01:30 AM (UTC)
Which version of MUSHclient are you using?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by 1of10   Canada  (54 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 16 Jul 2001 01:34 PM (UTC)
At the time of posting I was using 3.12. I had downloaded 3.15 and was scrolling through the changes between versions looking for certain words. I made the post while upgrading, figuring it would be the same as before, since I hadn't found what I was looking for in the changes.

It looks like the notes in logs is fixed. I was just looking through my log files and I haven't seen any sign of the massive buffer spam. But the other problem I described about the single newline being sent is still occuring. I created a new AFK script and stopped the looping, but there's still a single newline/carrage return sent from somewhere.

One of Ten
Secondary Adjunct of Unimatrix Z03
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Mon 16 Jul 2001 08:54 PM (UTC)
There was a problem in earlier versions that under some circumstances it would process the entire output buffer, leading to the first bug you mention.

As for the extra line problem, turning on packet debug (see Edit menu), I see this:

I type:

/world.send "afk"

Sent packet: 5 (5 bytes)

afk.. 61 66 6b 0d 0a

It is definitely only sending one line in the script. Probably what is happening that a newline has crept into the trigger output as well, thus you are getting a second newline. Check carefully in your trigger output that it is either sending nothing at all, or if the AFK is in the trigger output, AFK with no extra newlines.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Tue 17 Jul 2001 07:03 AM (UTC)
Better email me the world file and tell me what you are typing to cause the problem.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,922 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]