[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Tried to Pay for..

Tried to Pay for..

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Gregar   (20 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 22 Dec 2003 12:49 AM (UTC)
I tried to pay for the Area Editor online registration thinga do hickey, and this is what I recieved as a reply.

This is the Postfix email server.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please contact the postmaster at the recipient
domain.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<nick@gammon.com.au>: host smtp.gammon.com.au[207.228.225.14] said: 553
Blocked
- see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?216.200.145.27
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 22 Dec 2003 05:58 AM (UTC)
Sounds like your email system thinks my mail server is a spammer, which it isn't.

According to the link you gave, the spam blocker is experimental and shouldn't be used for production use.

Anyway, you can do a couple of other things:

1. Use the ShareIt payment system, which doesn't involve mail, and gives you a registration code immediately:

https://secure.element5.com/register.html?productid=140415&language=English

2. Click on the "support" button above and raise a support request. Paste your registration form into that. This doesn't use email and will definitely get through to us.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Gregar   (20 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 22 Dec 2003 07:15 AM (UTC)
The way I read it, it's your mailguy thought I was sending spam and blocked it. I will check out these other methods you offered however.

I have five or six email addy's, I will get something thru to you I am sure. One question though. I use the Area Editor on two PC's at home, will I need to register both copies to get full bene's on both PC's, or will one code suffice?

Thanks Nick.

Gregar
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Mon 22 Dec 2003 12:20 PM (UTC)
I believe the license is that you may install it on different computers as long as it's being used only once at a time (i.e. it can't run simultaneously on two different computers.) Although, Nick would know for sure...

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Mon 22 Dec 2003 06:59 PM (UTC)

The way I read it, it's your mailguy thought I was sending spam and blocked it

That's possible. I don't actually operate the mail server, it is part of my subscription to Superb.Net who provide the web site. Maybe they are tightening up on spam.

That is the annoying thing about spam, it still gets through in great quantities, but legitimate messages are now being blocked. That is why I did the "Support" page on this site, so people can get through to me even if mail doesn't work.

Quote:

One question though. I use the Area Editor on two PC's at home, will I need to register both copies to get full bene's on both PC's, or will one code suffice?

The code is not specific to a PC. It is OK to use it on more than one (eg. desktop, laptop) providing it is for your use alone, and you don't use multiple copies simultaneously.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

13,157 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]