[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  VBscript
. . -> [Subject]  Taskbar Flash on Activity...

Taskbar Flash on Activity...

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Darc   USA  (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 03 Sep 2003 04:10 PM (UTC)
I've been sifting around through the forums and information on the site, but I just can't seem to figure out how to force the taskbar to flash (as it does when the 'Flash taskbar on activity' option is checked).

I use a keepalive event (Ping? Pong!) on my mu*, but I'd like it to -not- flash my taskbar. The logic is generally easy enough to figure out, it's just an issue of knowing the syntax.

Any help would be appreciated.

D

There are 10 kinds of people; Those who understand binary, and Those who don't.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Wed 03 Sep 2003 05:59 PM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 05 Sep 2003 10:47 AM (UTC) by Poromenos

I don't think there is such a function, I have never thought of that before... Generally the flashing annoys me, so I never use it... You could however assign a sound to do that...

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Wed 03 Sep 2003 06:38 PM (UTC)
Also, due to changes in Windows 2000 and XP, there is no consistant way to make it flash in all OS versions. Often it will not work at all, or it will flash even when you don't want it too. It is one 'feature' that doesn't really work right.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Darc   USA  (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Fri 05 Sep 2003 12:58 AM (UTC)
Actually, as it turns out I found a fix. Omitting my keepalive from the Output window stops the flashing, but keeps the connection going.

Sometimes the simplest answers are the best ones.

D

There are 10 kinds of people; Those who understand binary, and Those who don't.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

11,184 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]