[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Changing mana, selling things to a shopkeeper

Changing mana, selling things to a shopkeeper

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Jokerjfu   (19 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 01 Jul 2001 08:06 PM (UTC)
1. Is there a way to permanently change my mana so that I don't have to make an object that does it. My mana didn't go up cause i'm a warrior, but since I did the mset all learn 100 command I have all these spells, but some like animated dead need 350 mana

2. How do I make it so that I can sell things back to a Mob. I have a bar owner, and I checked DRINKCON in the pulldown bar under buy types and tried to sell him a 'golden bottle of beer' and I made the cost 10,000 and made sure to give the tender atleast 10,000 gold

3.I notice there are herbs in the game, and there is also a pipe, do any of the two go together cause I noticed I could only eat it, and I don't know what the boxes are for herbs under stats it says:

?:
Charge:
Herb#:

I know the number just means different types, which I have yet to find out, sorry for it being so long, any help is appreciated
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Sun 01 Jul 2001 08:15 PM (UTC)
looks like this just gets longer, I forgot to ask.

I can make it so my pub owner goes to sleep when the shop closes, I can make him wake up when it opens, but I can't make him say something and go back to sleep if someone wakes him up
if i type
mset jones flags prototype
mpedit jones add act p wakes you.
>say get out we're closed
>sleep
>/s
that will work, but when I reboot the server, the sequence no longer applies, it's like I have to do that everytime if I want to, I tried making an ACT prog in the area editor and made it
p wakes you.
say get out, we're closed
sleep but nothings working thanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Mon 02 Jul 2001 12:13 AM (UTC)

1. Is there a way to permanently change my mana so that I don't have to make an object that does it.

mset self mana 5000
restore self

Quote:

2. How do I make it so that I can sell things back to a Mob.

1. He has to buy the type of thing you are selling, eg.

shopset 10343 buy0 food

2. He has to be able to afford it

mset 10343 gold 10000

3. The thing he is buying should not be in his inventory (he already has one of them)

Quote:

I tried making an ACT prog in the area editor and made it ... but nothings working thanks

You should be able to get the ACT program to work, there are plenty of them in New Darkhaven. Make sure you are editing the area file that the server is using, and you will need to restart the server afterwards to read in the new area file.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Mon 02 Jul 2001 12:42 AM (UTC)
ok yeah that thing didn't work I went into the area editor and selected for him to buy type treasure then went into the mud and typed

shopset 21000 buy0 treasure
a made a note and dubbed it treasure
I made sure he had more than enough money
and it still said uninterested, so then I tried
shopset 21000 buy0 food
and made a golden mushroom, however there are little boxes that say

FOOD VALUE:
CONDITION:
?:

I have no idea what these are, especially that damn question mark.

no matter what he still 'look uninterested'

thaaaanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Mon 02 Jul 2001 09:54 PM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 02 Jul 2001 09:55 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

I don't know what you mean by "dubbed it treasure" but this is what just worked for me (logged in as Lordrom) - I had a bag in my inventory, initially type "container", cost 20:

goto zurg
shopset 10343 buy1 treasure
oset bag type treasure
value bag

Zurg tells you 'I'll give you 18 gold coins for a bag.'

sell bag

Zurg tells you, 'a bag is depreciating in value too quickly...'

oset bag timer 0
sell bag

You sell a bag for 18 gold pieces.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Mon 02 Jul 2001 11:50 PM (UTC)
ok then what exactly does that number next to buy mean

shopset 10341 buy1<--- that number

and by dubbed I just meant selected the catagory treasure from the pulldown, I got him to say 'that mushroom is depreciating too quickly' but never actually got him to buy it
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Tue 03 Jul 2001 12:22 AM (UTC)
no matter what I can't get this guy to buy it I followed your instructions EXACTLY to the 'T' and he always 'looks uninterested'
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Tue 03 Jul 2001 01:02 AM (UTC)

shopstat 10343

Keeper: 10343 Zurg
buy0 [food] buy1 [treasure] buy2 [none] buy3 [none] buy4 [none]
Profit: buy 120% sell 90%
Hours: open 0 close 23

The 5 buy types (buy0 to buy4) are the same as the drop-down combo boxes in the area editor - the types of things he will buy.

I had to set the timer to zero to stop the message about "depreciating too quickly".

Did you restart the server after changing the area? Area changes are only read in when it starts up.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Tue 03 Jul 2001 06:53 AM (UTC)
Keeper: 21000 Jones
buy0 [treasure] buy1 [food] buy2 [food] buy3 [treasure] buy4 [treasure]
Profit: buy 120% sell 90%
Hours: open 6 close 22

<5000hp 5000m 740mv> oset mushroom type treasure
Build: Nubius: oset mushroom type treasure

<5000hp 5000m 740mv> oset mushroom timer 0
Build: Nubius: oset mushroom timer 0

<5000hp 5000m 740mv> sell mushroom
Jones looks uninterested in a golden mushroom.

that's what it looks like as you see his vnum is 21000it says he can buy treasure and food, and I made the thing treasure and he won't take it
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Tue 03 Jul 2001 08:27 AM (UTC)
Do an ostat on the mushroom, and an mstat on the shopkeeper, so we can see their details.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Tue 03 Jul 2001 11:21 PM (UTC)
Vnum: 22002 Type: treasure Count: 2 Gcount: 1
Serial#: 2 TopIdxSerial#: 178 TopSerial#: 195
Short description: a golden mushroom
Long description : A golden mushroom sits here
Action description: You weren't supposed to eat that. It was to be delivered to Jones at the
Thayoick pub for a reward!

Wear flags : take
Extra flags:
Magic flags: none
Number: 1/1 Weight: 1/1 Layers: 0 Wear_loc: -1
Cost: 0 Rent: 0 Timer: 0 Level: 1
In room: 0 In object: (none) Carried by: Nubius
Index Values : 0 0 0 0 0 0.
Object Values: 0 0 0 0 0 0.
Primary description keywords: 'mushroom'.

I figured it out, for whatever the reason the cost was set to 0 even though it wasn't set like that in the editor. So after I typed:
oset mushroom cost 1000
he bought it for 900

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

21,930 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]