[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Changing how the timer works for timers

Changing how the timer works for timers

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by David B   USA  (80 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 08 Jul 2003 05:07 AM (UTC)
What I'd like to do is beable to change how timers count...
I noticed under: File>Global Preferences>timers, you can change the timer interval.

Does that mean, if I change that to say 45 seconds, that a world.doafter 2, "blahbity blah blah"
It would really do it after 90 seconds instead of 2 seconds?

If So this is exactly what I'm looking for. If not, whats that for?

My code(with a LOT of Nicks help) to fame:

sub OnAutoCombo (TriggerName, TriggerLine, arrWildCards)
dim AutoCombo
AutoCombo = split (arrWildCards (1))
Dim i, attack
for i=lbound (AutoCombo ) to ubound (AutoCombo )
Select Case AutoCombo (i)
case "rp" attack = "punch right"
case "lp" attack = "punch left"
case "s" attack = "sweep"
case "r" attack = "roundhouse"
case else attack = "" ' unknown attack type
End Select
if i = ubound (AutoCombo ) then
world.send "throw " + world.getvariable ("attacker") + " down"
else
world.send attack + " " + world.GetVariable ("attacker")
end if
next
end sub
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 08 Jul 2003 08:46 AM (UTC)

If you made it, say, 5 seconds, then timers are checked every 5 seconds. Thus a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 second timer might go off at the same time.

However, if you specify a 45-second timer, that is how long you will wait, give or take the timer granularity (give, really). So, if you specified a 45-second timer, with a timer interval of 10 seconds, then (depending on where in the 10 seconds the timer started) you might wait between 45 and 55 seconds.

The option was really there for slow PCs - I would leave it at 1 second.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

8,879 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]