[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Opening second mushclient

Opening second mushclient

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Cipri   Netherlands  (18 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 31 Mar 2003 08:05 AM (UTC)
If you already have a mushclient running and you open another one, it'd be nice if it gave you the option to not auto connect to all the worlds in the startup list.
If you have 8 MOO's that auto connect on startup, and auto reconnect on disconenct, they will keep `fighting` about the connection, disconnecting the other, which is verry spammy to both you, and the MU*. I had to pull my network cable to finally stop them from reconnecting, since I couldn't kill mushclient due to the millions of popups saying I'd been disconnected :)
Also, when you double click on a world file in the explorer, it launches a new mushclient. Can't this file be loaded by the already running mushclient?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Magnum   Canada  (580 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 31 Mar 2003 03:04 PM (UTC)
A command line argument might be a handy way to implement such a safeguard. That way Windows (or Browser) association pointers could be adjusted to call MUSHclient using the argument and avoid the problem.

Personally, I would prefer multiple instances of MUSHclient not be opened, but Ah well... ;)

Get my plugins here: http://www.magnumsworld.com/muds/

Constantly proving I don't know what I am doing...
Magnum.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 31 Mar 2003 07:22 PM (UTC)
The other option is to provide a setting and a test>

Setting - Keep single instance.

POVRay has this one, since the linker dlls used to let it talk to other programs can't distinguish between one copy and another, making modellers that call it and other such things malfunction. When the option is on, it tests to see if the OS already has a copy loaded and terminates.

Test - Am I loaded already.

Like I said, this would work with 'Keep single instance' to kill the program if it is already loaded previously, -but- the same basic test can be used to automatically skip the opening/connection of worlds that are in the auto-load list.

This way you solve the problem for both types of people. ;)
[Go to top] top

Posted by StefanWulph   USA  (35 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Mon 31 Mar 2003 09:42 PM (UTC)
Yeah Magnum. I've been asking about this ability to stop autoconnects for a long time too. I had been told it was some key combination that I could never get to work.
Maybe the line should be -noautoconnect or -NAC, Anyways just adding my 2 cents worth..

Stefan Wulph..
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Wed 02 Apr 2003 07:04 AM (UTC)
There is already a "/noauto" MUSHclient command-line option.

You could put that on your default execution shortcut, and then use the "open worlds in startup list" menu item (Ctrl+Alt+O) to open the worlds in the list if you want to.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

15,056 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]