[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  Running the server
. . -> [Subject]  Free Mud Host

Free Mud Host

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Cirus   (22 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 04 Dec 2002 09:47 PM (UTC)
I was woundering if there are any free mud hosts
I have a Star Wars Reality Mud that I would like to get hosted
I have a website set up
http://spiralvoid.coolfreepage.com/
Please Reply to this or
Send me a email at
wildcat1245@up-link.net
if you know of a server or you are willing to host my mud

CiRuS ThE ViRuS
Star Wars Spiral Void
wildcat1245@up-link.net
[Go to top] top

Posted by Cirus   (22 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 05 Dec 2002 12:36 PM (UTC)
Allright its ok that no one replys to my message I recently found a free mud host so thanks anyway

CiRuS ThE ViRuS
Star Wars Spiral Void
wildcat1245@up-link.net
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Fri 06 Dec 2002 08:13 AM (UTC)
Considering the fact that most IMPs I have worked with either host their own MU*s or are on either a close friend or company machine, there won't be a lot of ppl reading this that have an extensive knowledge of free hosting services. There are also the added headaches of such things as disk quotas, inconsistant service, account restrictions, limits on how often a mu* can be rebooted and just about anything else the hosting company wants to saddle you with that most ppl just find it easier to host their own.

Just some food for thought.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,066 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]