[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Area Editor
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Smaug crash at Logon

Smaug crash at Logon

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Liastnir   USA  (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 21 Jul 2002 02:42 AM (UTC)
I have a MUSh area that was previously working. I have done more work on it, and now I run the SMAUG server like normal, but when I log on [Using MUSHClient, which I downloaded at the same time as the server and area editor] it crashes the SMAUG Server

Any help?

CJ
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 01 Aug 2002 12:16 AM (UTC)
SMAUG can crash, especially when you log on (as that is when it does most of its work) if things like invalid races or classes make it wander off into regions of memory it shouldn't.

I would run your areas through an area check (in the Area Editor), and if that doesn't work, try running under gdb (under Cygwin) to try to isolate the problem.

Also, try removing the new MUSH area, to see if that helps.

Also also, look at the server window during startup time to see if any relevant errors or warnings are displayed.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

8,317 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]