[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Character separator

Character separator

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Amagadon   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 21 Sep 2017 02:13 AM (UTC)

Not sure if this has been addressed previously. I've searched the forums but cannot find an answer.

I just moved to MushClient from CMUD. CMUD has the ability to use the semi-colon to act as a command separator and also as a short-form in game for a chat channel.

If you use the semi-colon at the start of a line like this:
;Hi, how are you today!

It will "grouptell Hi, How are you today!". Currently I can only have Mushclient act as a separator and it will not work a short-form for the chat channel unless I change the character separator.

Is this even possible to do with MushClient? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Marco   (36 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 21 Sep 2017 08:30 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 21 Sep 2017 09:05 AM (UTC) by Marco

Mmmm... the regular expression should be written as:
 ^\:\s?(.*?)$ 

In the above example i used  ' : ' 

In fact with  ' ; '  the client simply ignored me and continue to use the semicolon as a separator.

But ":" is quiet similar and, if in your MUD it hasn't a special meaning, this solution will save you by disabling the separator ability of the semicolon in MUSH client.
The syntax is already put as regular expression so you'll have to check the Regular expression box.

in the "Send" window i simply put:

grouptell %1 
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #2 on Sat 23 Sep 2017 03:00 AM (UTC)
I think you may be wrong about what CMUD is doing. Typically the MUDs themselves have short character codes for some commands like certain channels. That's probably not something that CMUD is doing for you. CMUD might just be ignoring semicolons at the beginning of lines.

Either way...

In MUSHclient, if you start a line with a semicolon, subsequent semicolons are no longer treated as line separators. So I think you should be able to use ;; to start with a literal semicolon and also keep ; as your separator character.

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

10,760 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]