[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  there was a problem sending the command to the program
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

there was a problem sending the command to the program

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Moab   (3 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 22 Jan 2017 04:39 AM (UTC)
Mushclient now crashes on open, and the message I get after it crashes is this:

there was a problem sending the command to the program

This error message is apparently common with ther programs but I can't find a fix for it. I have to reinstall mushclient every time I want to use it.

Any ideas?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (1,641 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 22 Jan 2017 12:33 PM (UTC)
Mushclient

Version?

Quote:
now

Since when?

Quote:
on open

How are you opening it?

Quote:
I have to reinstall mushclient every time I want to use it.

Reinstalling fixes it temporarily? Where are you installing it? What version of Windows are you using?

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sun 22 Jan 2017 08:34 PM (UTC)
Windows 10, MUSHclient version 4.94. Crashes on open whether i double click the program or a world.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,322 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 22 Jan 2017 09:06 PM (UTC)
Possibly related to: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=13894

However I believe quite a few users are using Windows 10 and are not reporting this problem.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Mon 23 Jan 2017 11:35 PM (UTC)
Even the most latest version produces the same error :(
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (1,641 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #5 on Tue 24 Jan 2017 03:16 PM (UTC)
Please keep us updated if you manage to figure out what the problem is. I know many people who use MUSHclient in Windows 10 without any problems. It will be helpful for all of us to know what specific difference is causing the problem for you.

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,322 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #6 on Wed 25 Jan 2017 05:12 AM (UTC)

I have to reinstall mushclient every time I want to use it.

Can you try to narrow down what this is achieving? Installing it just copies files into place, most of which don't change. See if you can work out which file needs replacing to make it work. For example, install it, then immediately make a copy somewhere. Then when it crashes gradually copy the files from the (backup) folder into the install folder until it works again. Possibly the global configuration file is the one responsible.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,381 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]