[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Crash on startup

Crash on startup

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Kyuketsuki   USA  (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 21 Dec 2016 03:51 PM (UTC)
The issue I've been having is that if I try running MUSHClient, it immediately crashes. I toyed with it, made sure the folder it was in was okay (it's in Desktop and was working fine there before), and checked if it would run both with and without administrator. I did however find one way it will run, if I open a world directly. I figured it had to do with my worlds that opened on startup, seeing as I had 9 worlds that did, but even after removing them all I could still only open it via directly opening a world. I tried everything I can think of. I have no plugins, I am apparently using version 4.94, and I am running windows 10. This issue appeared out of the blue, and MUSHClient was working fine and works fine when I open it the hard way. It did this before and reinstalling only fixed it for a time. I don't recall exactly how long. (Also of note, not actually very good with computers)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 22 Dec 2016 03:00 AM (UTC)
Appearing out of the blue would seem to indicate a problem with the computer or operating system rather than MUSHclient.

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Thu 22 Dec 2016 05:29 AM (UTC)
Try upgrading to version 5.04 and see if that fixes it:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=13888

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Kyuketsuki   USA  (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sun 15 Jan 2017 05:35 PM (UTC)
Apologies for extremely late response, I just downloaded 5.04 and all that did was give me a fancier splash screen at the same time as being told 'ey, it's crashing.' In the same fashion as before. I really do not get what's wrong. Admin did nothing, updating did nothing, deleting things did nothing. I suppose I'll just have to keep opening it via the worlds until someone can crack whatever I'm doing wrong. (I admit. I probably accidentally broke something ;n; Just don't know what)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Sun 15 Jan 2017 09:37 PM (UTC)
That's odd. You could try copying the executable for a pre-release version over MUSHclient.exe. See this thread:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=13903

That is compiled using a more modern version of the compiler. Maybe one of the Microsoft libraries is clashing with your computer setup somehow.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,654 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]