[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Discworld MUD plugin suite, including minimap, pathfinding, custom UI and more!
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Discworld MUD plugin suite, including minimap, pathfinding, custom UI and more!

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Quow   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 07 Nov 2016 12:46 PM (UTC)
In case any Discworld MUD users come looking here, and haven't seen these elsewhere, I thought I'd post here about my suite of plugins I have made this past few months for Mushclient! My latest one is the fully custom, modular UI system, packaged with the graphical minimap plugin that tracks your position and has some AI pathfinding to let you instantly speedwalk anywhere from anywhere with a couple of clicks, and more - I finished that only yesterday so it's a brand new release!

All of my plugins are listed on the Discworld MUD wiki page, but can be viewed and downloaded (with screenshots, instructions, and information) from my new homepage:
http://quow.co.uk/

Cow Bar & Minimap:
Quow's Cow Bar and Minimap provides you with a fully modular, and customisable UI, with many advanced features to completely change your Mushclient experience. The main Graphical Minimap and Map Tracker feature provides you with a resizeable, moveable window that displays a graphical map of your surroundings in any recognised village, town, city, guild area or building interior. It shows your exact room location, and tracks you as you move around. The plugin also allows you to instantly generate a speedwalk to almost any location from wherever you may be, generating a route automatically using pathfinding. It also allows you to look up recorded data for rooms, such as full shop inventories for shops with standard inventory listings. You can search for streets, shops, areas, and even items and quickly look up the location.

The customisable UI allows you to set up custom margin areas on any of all of the four sides or your Mushclient window. It contains seven fully customisable modules/windows: Vitals Bars, XP Rate, Shield/Group Window, Combat Stats, Ascii Map, Written Map, and Communications. Each of these can be moved around, resized, and all have their own set of options, commands, features, and customisations. All modules are optional, and can be fully disabled if you do not like or want any of them running.

Spellcheck, Mindspace & TM Helper:
This plugin will tell you how much mindspace all of your "spells" currently consume, and how much room you have left. It contains all spellcheck data for every wizard and witch spell to instantly look up, including your chances are of succeeding at every stage. For wizards, lookup any magical skill and see all spells that use that method, and get suggestions for spells that might help you TM that skill.
After installing, type "help mindspace" for a list of all the features and commands, and how to use them.

Map Door Text Parser & Hunt Helper:
This plugin will replace the large and messy output of Discworld's "map door text" command, and replace it with a sorted, categorised, list of rooms with quick directions to each rooms, highlights, and more. Designed to make hunting around towns, cities etc. much quicker and more pleasant. Has many advanced features, such as multiple categories, regex matches, etc.
After installing, type "help mdt" for a list of client-side commands added by the plugin.

Mission & Job Timers:
Provides 60 minute timers for completion each of the job market mission types, all 5 dead-letter missions, plus currently Sto-lat pottery, Pennie-Laced and Genua furniture missions, for maximising your reward experience. Also has failure timers for returned dead letters or resigned job market missions, for getting a new mission. You can view all current on-going timers at any time by typing "missions" or "missions all".

Klein Bottle Helper:
This is an extremely simple plugin that triggers when you "look" at a valid (chargeable) klein bottle, and will add an extra output line informing you of how full it is and what size orbs (escaped spells) you can SAFELY capture without risk.

EFF Stats & Advice:
Tracks total blocks, misses, and knockdowns of your wizard or witch EFF floater. Once installed, type "eff stats" to show your block-rate, or "eff reset" to reset the numbers to 0. For wizards, type "eff check" for suggested shield weights at your bonus.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,322 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 07 Nov 2016 08:36 PM (UTC)

A couple of screenshots to help people know what you have done:

Minimap

Spellcheck & Mindspace

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (1,641 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #2 on Sat 12 Nov 2016 05:42 AM (UTC)
It looks great! You've done a fantastic job.

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,069 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]