[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  How to set bigger menu fonts in MUSHClient?
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

How to set bigger menu fonts in MUSHClient?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by LucianDK   (18 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 24 Jun 2016 02:00 PM (UTC)
Ive recently gotten a new pc that runs in 2560x1440. Ive thusly had to bump up output ingame to a more easilly read textsize, but I cant figure out how to change the fontsize used in MUSHClient itself, which remains quite tiny on my screen.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,322 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Fri 24 Jun 2016 09:42 PM (UTC)
In the version of Windows I am using (XP) You can go to Control Panel -> Display Properties -> Appearance -> Font size, and adjust the font used to be larger. This affects everything of course.

I'm not sure how to make one app draw its menus larger, maybe someone else knows?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Fri 24 Jun 2016 10:10 PM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 24 Jun 2016 10:11 PM (UTC) by LucianDK

No good for me, that messes up other things. Like World of Warcraft becomming unplayable if set above 100%.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/10zafqx.jpg
This is how it currently looks for me now, ive bumped up the game font to a pleasing size. But the menus are still horribly tiny.

----------------
I found a font enlarger that works for firefox, allowing you to adjust the font on the fly.
https://addons.mozilla.org/da/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,322 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Fri 24 Jun 2016 11:05 PM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Fri 24 Jun 2016 11:28 PM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Fri 24 Jun 2016 11:34 PM (UTC)

No good for me, that messes up other things. Like World of Warcraft becomming unplayable if set above 100%.

WoW has an interface option to control the UI scale. You can choose between "System" and your own scale. Can't you turn off the System scale and adjust to suit?

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Fri 24 Jun 2016 11:54 PM (UTC)
That did the trick, wow is no longer acting up, scaling to 125% helps so much.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Sat 25 Jun 2016 03:49 AM (UTC)
I've added a new script function: utils.menufontsize (newSize)

This unfortunately has the side-effect of making menus in all apps larger (or smaller as the case may be) but you could conceivably call it when the window gets the focus, and restore the point size when it loses the focus.

However I have noticed that the spacing between menu lines seems to stay larger, even after changing the size, when you change the point size back.

Still, it may help. Or your other solution might be OK.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (1,641 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #8 on Sat 25 Jun 2016 04:05 AM (UTC)
In the version of Windows I am using (XP) You can go to Control Panel -> Display Properties -> Appearance -> Font size, and adjust the font used to be larger. This affects everything of course.

This is the right approach IMO. It's a system font setting and should be changed at the system level.

Quote:
I've added a new script function: utils.menufontsize (newSize)

This unfortunately has the side-effect of making menus in all apps larger (or smaller as the case may be) but you could conceivably call it when the window gets the focus, and restore the point size when it loses the focus.

Lol, that's terrifying and I hope nobody ever uses it.

Quote:
However I have noticed that the spacing between menu lines seems to stay larger, even after changing the size, when you change the point size back.

I now have a Godzilla on the horizon level of terror. :)

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Sat 25 Jun 2016 04:29 AM (UTC)

Lol, that's terrifying and I hope nobody ever uses it.

Let's hope, eh?

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

3,133 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]