[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  Forum
. -> [Folder]  Problems
. . -> [Subject]  Error when adding Personal biography.
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Error when adding Personal biography.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Wuggly   USA  (112 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 02 Apr 2016 12:38 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 02 Apr 2016 06:45 PM (UTC) by Fiendish

So I wrote a somewhat-short personal biography here on the forums under "Edit Profile."

It's under the 4000 character limit, at 1890.

Here's the full error, with my e-mail and such replaced with dots.

Problem with SQL

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'm the type of person that learns as they go. I don't go reading tutorials hours ' at line 1
UPDATE bbuser SET username = 'Wuggly', password = '......', email = '...........', show_email = '', allow_mail = '1', notify_new_thread = '', cookie_expiry = NULL, time_zone = NULL, icq = NULL, home_page = NULL, birth_date = NULL, bio = 'Hi! I started using MUSHclient around x-mas, 2015. I have never messed with programming languages or anything of the sort before getting this client. I'm the type of person that learns as they go. I don't go reading tutorials hours on end cause I have been down that road before, and the by the time I finally get to the hands on stuff, I find myself going back and reading up on everything I just learned, very short-term memory (due to a brain injury). So I just try stuff out, and when it doesn't work, I research and keep trying different things until it does work. This is pretty much how I learn things now. Obviously not the best way, but it's what works best for me personally. Around February this year (2016) I started getting into making MUSHclient plugins, and that's when I started learning about the Lua programming language. Nick & Fiendish here have helped me through a lot of the frustrations of it. They are a godsend, providing noob-friendly support, and all for free! If it weren't for them, I highly doubt I would have continued messing with coding. I think I am starting to reach a point where I actually enjoy messing around with this stuff. This has been a great distraction from my typical days. Anyways, I am from a MUD called The Final Challenge. This MUD has been around since the early 90s. During my college years, I fell off a 30ft cliff head first, and had completely forgotten about this game until my mother passed and while cleaning out her house, I found an old box of computer stuff. In the box were some 100MB zip drives. I got them loaded up and found all kinds of logs from this MUD I used to play and it jogged forgotten memories. This is how I got back into playing MUDs again, and glad I did. I am still quite a noob with Lua, but every day I am learning more and more, and am always happy to share whatever I have learned with others.', country = '(undisclosed)', signature = NULL, colour_body = NULL, colour_sections_bgnd = NULL, colour_read_unread_separator = NULL, colour_frequent_posters_bgnd = NULL, colour_topics_heading_bgnd = NULL, colour_topics_bgnd = NULL, colour_lh_table = NULL, colour_rh_table = NULL, colour_threads_heading_bgnd = NULL, colour_read_threads_bgnd = NULL, colour_unread_threads_bgnd = NULL, colour_thread_heading_text = NULL, colour_thread_heading_bgnd = NULL, colour_lh_message = NULL, colour_rh_message = NULL, colour_signature_line = NULL, colour_signature = NULL, colour_form_error = NULL, colour_text = NULL, font = NULL WHERE bbuser_id = 8364

Backtrace
Function: dbUpdate
Called from: /big/dom/xgammon/www/forum/bbuseredit.php
Line: 974

There is a problem ...

SQL statement failed.

Figured I'd bring this to your attention.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (1,641 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 02 Apr 2016 06:45 PM (UTC)

(Nick, I keep accidentally editing posts that aren't mine instead of quoting them.)

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,324 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Sun 03 Apr 2016 10:08 AM (UTC)
Looks like an unescaped quote. Clearly I never tested quotes in a biography. eg.

Quote:

I'm the type of person that learns ...

Fixed now.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,323 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]