[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Triggers "Send to" -- Send to normal window/world?

Triggers "Send to" -- Send to normal window/world?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Eurotool   (14 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 21 Jul 2015 02:44 AM (UTC)
I spent a good time trying to find an answer, but I can't find anything that answers my question. I want my world to omit and output lines which contain a specific text, using triggers, to a seperate window which will display them. The "send to" box, however, only lists obscure commands and doesn't have the option to output to a custom window. No, I do not want notepad, I want a real window in the same style and a line buffer.

Is there a way to do this without external scripts?

Thanks for your help!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Tue 21 Jul 2015 04:56 AM (UTC)
A while ago I used to do this by using an (internal) script in the trigger to send the line to a "dummy world" window. For example:

Template:faq=23 Please read the MUSHclient FAQ - point 23.

Alternatively you could send to a miniwindow, using a plugin.

For example, see this:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=10728

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Tue 21 Jul 2015 04:57 PM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 21 Jul 2015 05:55 PM (UTC) by Eurotool

Okay, thank you, I finally got everything working!

Is there a way to automatically clear the output window on start? Also, do the windows keep their tiling/arrangement upon restart of the program?

Edit: There seems to be a small delay in which the triggered text appears in the main window before it is sent to the chat one. Is there any way to fix this?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Wed 22 Jul 2015 02:49 AM (UTC)

Is there a way to automatically clear the output window on start?

Template:function=DeleteOutput DeleteOutput

The documentation for the DeleteOutput script function is available online. It is also in the MUSHclient help file.

Quote:

Also, do the windows keep their tiling/arrangement upon restart of the program?

I don't think the secondary ones do. You could always force them into position.

Quote:

There seems to be a small delay in which the triggered text appears in the main window before it is sent to the chat one.

There shouldn't be. Perhaps you need to call Redraw() on the target window.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Wed 22 Jul 2015 03:10 PM (UTC)
I called Redraw () on the target window and a Repaint () but there's still a small delay in which the text appears in the main world before being omitted and sent to the chat world. Is there anything else I can do about it? Could it be something wrong in the trigger?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Wed 22 Jul 2015 09:23 PM (UTC)
Is this a prompt line? Maybe there is no newline on it?

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

15,302 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]