[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Tips and tricks
. . -> [Subject]  Exits

Exits

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by AnalogConspiracy   (9 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 17 Apr 2013 11:55 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 18 Apr 2013 12:49 AM (UTC) by AnalogConspiracy

Those are my exits, and they are not in a "list". Is there a way I can keep that representation of a close-area map, AND have a list of exits?

If this is possible, how would I call them from a trigger?

Making exit trigger outputs:

Exits are: NW, NE, N, and S.

I'd like this to be a walker to contribute to a mapper I'm working on (I know this isn't necessary for this particular MUD, but it's just solely for learning purposes)

[EDIT] The game has an option for this. Matchline will be Visible Exits: N S Nw Ne

-- Analog
[Go to top] top

Posted by AnalogConspiracy   (9 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 18 Apr 2013 12:51 AM (UTC)
  <timer second="2.00" offset_second="0.00"    send_to="12"
group="level" >
  <send>route = {
  "west","west","north","north","west","west","west","west","west","north","north","north","north","north","north","north","north","north","north","north","east","east","east","east","east","southeast","east","east","northeast","east","east","east","east","east","south","south","south","south","south","south","south","south","south","south","west","west","south","south","west","west","west","west",  -- to butcher
  "s", "w", "n", "n",  -- back again
  }

-- stay here if we are fighting or recovering

if fighting or resting then
  return
end  -- if

loc = (loc or 0) + 1  -- next way to walk

-- if past end, go back to start

if loc &gt; #route then
  loc = 1
end -- if

Send (route [loc])</send>

</timer>
</timers>

This is where I'm at. I haven't bothered trying to re-route the path back where I want my character to go.

Credit: Nick Gammon.

-- Analog
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,078 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]