[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUDs
. -> [Folder]  Announcements
. . -> [Subject]  a noob and his musings(on plug in help an getting players)
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

a noob and his musings(on plug in help an getting players)

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Gimpmaster   (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 01 Oct 2012 08:52 PM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 01 Oct 2012 08:53 PM (UTC) by Gimpmaster

first and foremost: the mud I play is Atlas(69.12.222.112//4445), it fell off for a while but the past year the coders caught the bug again and keep on going it seems....its not a bad mud, role playing takes a step back for friendship and clan...the vets there are very helpful with new players...so please come join us!

second: as my name implies, im a self-proclaimed gimp...i pretty much can only type with one hand, im trying to figure out how to set triggers for auto-casting spells and using potions when my hp/mp are a low percentage, it would keep me from dying so often...also if there is a way to set macros/timers for <target> without having to switch them from creature to creature

--ex: im in a grove attacking sylph, i decide to change to goblins,i have to reset my macros to "[ability]<new target 1>"...like this f2='kill sylph 1' in the grove, go to kill goblins I have to change the macro to 'kill goblin 1' then to whatever--

maybe i can have a timer/trigger set up so it auto-attacks every so many seconds until <target 1> is dead?
I don't mean to be difficult or needy, just want the playing field even, gets frustrating some times!

need to work on a mapper too and possibly some swift walking macros, im sure i can find those eventually...

if i could grasp the basics of the language used for the plugins i dont mind doing it myself with a decent base to go with...

thank you for you time, and please join us

If you'd like you may e-mail me or message me on facebook (wm_hobbs@live.com) with subject mushclient help
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,388 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 01 Oct 2012 09:12 PM (UTC)

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=9616

There is a video there showing how to make a targetting alias. There are other videos on that part of the forum about triggers and so on.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Gimpmaster   (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 01 Oct 2012 09:52 PM (UTC)

Look at this:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=9616

There is a video there showing how to make a targetting alias. There are other videos on that part of the forum about triggers and so on.

thank you, I shall
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

3,006 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]