[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Twisol Plugin Trouble

Twisol Plugin Trouble

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Arilles   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 03 Sep 2012 10:12 PM (UTC)
I've recently started using MUSH on my new/old computer and began using Twisol's plugins for Achaea. My problem is that the Compass and Gauges are covering text on my prompt at the top and bottom left side of the screen, and the Mapper Plugin does not update, or just shows a bunch of gibberish, even if I enter MAP PARSE or MAP.

I know there is a line of text I need to add to the plugin.xml of the Compass and Gauges, but I don't know where exactly to place it in the plugins. I believe this cause my prompt to shift over so that it is no longer covered.

This is the line...

TextRectangle(155, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0x000000, 0, 0x000000, 0)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,980 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Mon 03 Sep 2012 11:31 PM (UTC)
Somewhere inside the OnPluginInstall function would probably do. But I didn't write the plugin.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Tue 04 Sep 2012 12:21 AM (UTC)
Aha! Thank you! I've managed to fix the spacing for the Compass and Gauges, now I just need to get he Map to work...
[Go to top] top

Posted by Twisol   USA  (2,257 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Tue 04 Sep 2012 05:53 AM (UTC)
The TextRectangle line was actually intended to go in your world's script file, separate from any plugin. For future reference, you can use the Game -> Edit Script File menu option to open it if you already have one. If you need to create one, you can do so from the Game -> Configure -> Scripting dialog.

As for the map plugin, where did you download it from? There have been a couple different places where I've uploaded my plugins, so I want to make sure you have updated copies. Otherwise, I have heard similar reports every now and then, so I'll make some time and look into it.

Glad to hear my plugins are still getting some use. :)

'Soludra' on Achaea

Blog: http://jonathan.com/
GitHub: http://github.com/Twisol
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sat 08 Sep 2012 01:36 AM (UTC)
I believe they are all from your blog. The only other problem I am having is with your GMCP Plugin, I think. I always have to click the enable button in the plugins on it when I log in, otherwise they wont work, and after that at random it will suddenly make my screen blank. I can see everything I enter, but nothing is happening, if I LOOK I will see nothing, if I SAY anything, nothing happens, all I see is this:

west
look
ih
who here
stat
score
anything I enter
700h, 770m, 2400e,2450w

I'm still connected though. If I QQ I still log out and disconnect from Achaea, and I am assuming anyone in the room with me would see me logging out. I just don't receive anything it seems...
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #5 on Sat 08 Sep 2012 05:06 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 08 Sep 2012 06:38 PM (UTC) by Fiendish

[quote]I always have to click the enable button in the plugins on it when I log in, otherwise they wont work[/quote]
Try saving your world settings after doing that.

[quote]and after that at random it will suddenly make my screen blank[/quote]
Something is gagging output and not releasing the gag.

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sun 09 Sep 2012 08:01 PM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

19,336 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]